Friday, December 18

Vintage Christmas Card for December 18

Tonight's card depicts one of my favorite symbols of Christmas that I can recreate in my own home ... candles nestled in holly. When we lived in Prior Lake, I actually had a little holly bush and could pick fresh holly. I was tempted to transplant it when we moved but I left it in the flower bed next to the garden steps. Seeing three candles in this card also brings back a memory of a song I sang in high school. I was active in music and sang in mixed chorus, small groups and solos. Each year we would sing at local high school contest events. I remember one of the songs my music teacher, Mrs. Parr, chose for me was called "Three Candles". I still have the sheet music but it's packed in box in a stack of boxes in the basement. So, I can remember most of the lyrics .... "I have three candles in my room, slender and tall and fair, one I light for memory and one for days that are......" and I can't remember what the third candle burns for!  I did some on-line searches and nothing comes up. So, I think after Christmas, I will have to get out that box of music. ........... and oh, my goodness, it just came to me..... the third candles burns "for days to be!"  Let us hope that the coming days to be in 2021 will be good days, everyone better than the day before.  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi,
I'm enjoying your posts. This last post is interesting, because I do some creative writing. It's interesting how with writing things pop up and surprise us! Have a Merry Christmas.
Joan Powell

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I also sang in the choir and ensemble in high school.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018