Sunday, December 20

Vintage Christmas Card for December 20

Today was the Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, the first official day of winter. I looked for a card with a pretty winter scene and my first choice was  a pretty church nestled in the valley and white glitter on the card for snow. It was very pale, though, and it just didn't photograph well. So I found this one and it was perfect. We have deer that travel across our backyard and they often sleep near a cluster of trees in our backyard. You can tell because they leave an imprint in the snow. And while it may be the first day of winter, we got our first snowfall in mid-October. We had a couple major snowfalls in October but here we are in mid December and no snow. There may be some on Wednesday and I will be watching for those flakes because I really want a White Christmas!



1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Doubtful my area will see any snow this week. Good luck with the snow. I think the east coast has all of the snow this time (and they wish they didn't have it, I'm sure).

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018