Sunday, December 20

Vintage Christmas Card for December 19

Oh, my goodness!  I chose my card earlier in the evening and it just made me feel so relaxed. So I sat down and began watching a remake of Miracle on 34th street. It's not quite as good as the original but I got caught up in the movie and forgot to post this lovely card. We had a log-burning fireplace in our previous home and I miss it. We have a gas fireplace now, just not quite the same. The crackling of the logs in the fire, the real warmth it exudes, and the smell of the burning logs just can't be replaced by a gas or an electric fireplace. We always had a fire on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. On our last Christmas in 2004 at our old house, I took a large chunk of log that had not completely burned and I saved it. I put it in a box and that looks like a gift and I set it under the tree in memory of Christmases in our Prior Lake house. I'm not sure my kids even know that I kept that log chunk but they do know I'm highly sentimental so they won't be surprised to know I kept what looks like a piece of coal.



2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

They can't beat Natalie Wood in the original version. I watched it several weeks ago. Merry Christmas!

Jocelyn said...

I agree with Cheryl. Natalie Wood was so good in the original version.
Merry Christmas.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018