Thursday, December 24

Vintage Christmas Card for December 23

We had a blizzard come through and knock out our power last night. I was able to post to Vintage Christmas Card to Facebook from my phone but couldn't post as easily to my blog. So here is the post I shared last night just before midnight..............

What a day and night this has been! A blizzard has covered much of Minnesota and northwest   Iowa. Our power has been off since about 6:00 p.m. I used the time to wrap some small gifts and finish putting tags on goodie plates. And then I got out my box of vintage cards to find one to share. And, of course, I looked for candles. We haven't burnt so many candles in years as we did tonight! Thank goodness I had candles in the cupboard and some battery operated lights. It's a bit cool in here now but surprisingly, not too bad.  If only I had a cup of hot cocoa! So just as I lit the candle to take the photo of this pretty card, the power came back on... and then it went off.. then on... and now it's off again. The wind is still howling and I can only imagine how cold it must be for those who are working to make repairs. Thankful for quilts that are keeping me warm. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and if we have power, I'll share several cards. I plan to continue to share more vintage Christmas cards through early January.   I have some special ones I've been saving for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  ❤




1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry about the storm. I have a large box of candles in the basement, just in case.... My stove is gas, so I can heat water (and food) thank goodness, if the power goes out.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018