Saturday, December 26

Vintage Christmas Card for December 26

 Today is Boxing Day, a tradition that began in England. On the day after Christmas, servants and staff of wealthy employers were given the day off and a box with their Christmas gift, hence the term "Boxing Day". And so, this card today reminds me of the era when this tradition flourished. The clothing on the carolers sets this scene in the 1800's. I wonder what carol they are singing?  Do you have a favorite carol? I missed the singing of carols this year and I am looking forward to next Christmas and singing, singing, singing! šŸŽµšŸŽ¶šŸŽµšŸŽ¶šŸŽµšŸŽ¶šŸŽµ



3 comments:

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosa!! FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!

Lilac Joan said...

I have really enjoyed your parade of Christmas Cards. I get very few now and this was a special treat when so much of the holiday season was curtailed. Thank your.

JJ said...

I love vintage looking cards and that one is beautiful. Reminds a person of days past. My favorite carol is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". I missed the carols also this year.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018