Tuesday, December 8

Vintage Christmas Card for December 8


Last night I shared a card that reminded me of my brother, Doug, and tonight..... I chose this card that reminds me of my sister, Judy, when we were young. When I look at this little girl saying her night time prayers, I'm reminded me of the prayer we said as little girls........ "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, if I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take." That was the first version we learned but I found this version more comforting...... "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, Guide me safely through the night and wake me with the Morning light."  I wonder...... do children still say this little prayer?

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

They do. We learned the earlier version too, but guess the second one is less scary for the little ones.

Lilac Joan said...

I love your Christmas Cards! Nice to get a second look. I still say the "Now I lay me down" prayer every night and I am eighty. I find it very comforting knowing that I have a future in the next world.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like the 2nd version better. I don't know what little kids say for prayers now, but hopefully I'll find out the week of Christmas, since my grandkids (and their parents) are coming for Christmas.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018