Wednesday, December 30

Vintage Christmas Card for December 30

Vintage Christmas Card for December 30

With just one more day left in 2020, I've really been reflecting on the many challenges of this past year. The thing is that all through the years of ones life....... there are challenges. I remember hearing my parents late at night talking in hushed tones, worried about the Cold War. They got through those years and also the Depression and WWII and so much more. We xan get through these times! So, I did a little research and I think this card is likely from the late 1950's to early 1960's.  I chose this card because it is so clearly not traditional for a Christmas card. And 2020, has so clearly not been a traditional year. Enough said. 

What you can't see in the photo is that this card is hot pink and white. However, no matter where I took the photo, the true color didn't come through. It looks kind of rosy and it's not. It's hot pink. And while I love pink, I don't think I could send this card. I'm too traditional in the colors I like for Christmas. That said, it's a unique card with a pretty embossed design. And I think it could be worthy of framing in a matte black frame. It might look just fine in my pretty pink bedroom! 




No comments:

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018