Tuesday, December 1

Vintage Christmas Cards to share.........


It's been a long time since I posted to my blog. I really need to post here more often. 

And sooo ....... 

The past couple of days I've been getting out our Christmas decorations and I've been  decorating our tree. I came across a small box of vintage cards that were given to me by friends. They know I might use them in craft projects. I also have most of the Christmas cards that we have received in over fifty years of Christmases. In the 1970's, I decoupaged a few of them and they remind me of special family members. I also have just a few Christmas cards that were sent to my Great Aunt Bell in the 1930's. 

To celebrate the days up to Christmas, I thought that I would share a Christmas card or two every evening and maybe even through New Year's Eve. I chose this one for December 1st. Such a pretty card and beautiful sentiment. 

I'll see you tomorrow with another card.........

Sandi


8 comments:

Vgirl said...

It is a very familiar looking card. I think the candles on the card were a style they used frequently. Can't wait to see more! Thanks!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Thanks to your Fb post I found your blog. I love the older cards and I've saved special cards from family and friends. None are as old as yours. I have decorated my angel and snowflake tree, dedicated to my late mother, who also loved Christmas. There are lights around the house and I've started on the main tree in the sitting room. I love to read blogs from around the world and get glimpses of how others live, their traditions and lifestyles. Sorry for rambling on.

Toocutedobs said...

I love vintage holiday anything !

Ann H. said...

I love anything “vintage”! I’m going to enjoy seeing your cards! We’ve been married 46yrs, abs I have every card my husband has given me!

Ginny said...

Love this idea of yours to post Christmas cards. I too am a saver of special cards. Others I cut out the favorite images and use for package tags. Looking forward to more of your cards through December.

Ginny

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Great idea to go back and look at your old cards....glad you are posting photos of them. I also have saved most of the cards we have received since early 60s.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

So nice to see you on your blog again. I was thinking about you last month. You've been missed.

Anonymous said...

This card reminds me of how decorate the altar at our church. 💕⭐️💕
Chris Jacobsen

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018