Saturday, December 5

Vintage Christmas Card for December 4


Oh, dear...... I posted my card to my Facebook page last night and forgot to move over to my blog!  Here is the card for December 4th.......

This card really says 1960's even though Santa is in a Model A. Or is it a Model T?  I prefer Santa in a sleigh but this is kinda cute. Ho Ho Ho!

And the avacado green on the card is definitely 1960's. Trust me. My colors I chose for our wedding in 1968 were ice blue and avacado green. It was really quite pretty. And for gifts we received snack sets in avacado and orange, there was a shag and faux leather rug in avacado green and aqua, and then there was the sofa and chair in avacado green tweed that my mother helped upholster. Yes, avacado green was definitely 1960's. ;-)

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My inlaws moved into a new house in 1969. The bathrooms were avocado green. They remodeled 30 years ago, and had the green tubs painted off white. The counters are still green, but much more subdued.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018