Monday, January 4

Vintage Christmas Card for January 4, 2021

This card is quite different from most of the other cards I've shared so far. It's a simple shepherd boy tending his sheep who are resting under a Yucca tree. Perhaps the song he is playing on his flute calms the sheep. Perhaps he plays a Psalm or a hymn. 

On the inside of the card, the upper section, there is a verse  ....

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a saviour, which is Christ the Lord." ~ Luke 2:11


On the inside of the card, lower portion, there is a greeting that is all in caps and reads......

MAY THE PEACE AND HAPPINESS OF CHRISTMAS BE YOURS TODAY 

AND EVERY DAY THROUGHOUT THE COMING NEW YEAR

That is a beautiful sentiment for Christmas and for the coming year!

I found myself curious about the artwork on the card as there is an artists signature in the lower left corner .... Paul E. Decker. When I did a search of his name, I found other illustrations for greeting cards that he has done. And I also discovered that there is a market for vintage Christmas cards!  I will be keeping my cards, no plans to sell them. They bring peace, what a gift!

No comments:

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018