Sunday, January 3

Vintage Christmas Card for January 3, 2021

This weekend here in Minnesota was filled with lovely weather for outdoor fun! We had mild temps and sunshine, just right for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and a little ice-skating. I didn't do any of those things because I was busy stitching. But......Would you believe me if I said that I have never gone ice-skating? It's true. I grew up in Iowa and have lived in Minnesota for almost 50 years but I've never worn a pair of ice skates! I love to skate but roller skating was what I enjoyed as a kid. If I could ice skate, though, I would love to do it dressed in a costume like the ones in this card. The scene is a raised embossed design, a very pretty card. So, is there anyone else out there who also has never ice-skated?



1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've ice skated a few times. Those ice skates HURT your ankles. I'd rather roller skate, but not at this age. I'd rather sew than skate or sled anymore.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018