Monday, December 5

What's on the line at Christmas time?!

An upside down quilt, that's what's on the line this Christmas time! Yes, my quilty friends, I designed it, I hung it, took the picture and now quite sometime later I go to post the picture and here it is ..........upside down!


I took this picture more than a year ago when I decided on a nice "end of summer" day that I would take pictures of all twelve of the quilts that I designed in 2000. This was the twelfth wall quilt in the series called "The Millennium Quilts".  This one is called "Holiday Memories". I just can't believe I hung it upside down! I plan to hang it this Christmas and I can promise you that it will be hung right. I'll even take a picture and share because I have some plans for that plain wreath part on the little quilt. Give me a couple days, though. It's a little busy here. Lots to do with company coming again at Christmas, decorating to do for a special event, Christmas cards to write and toss in a couple doctor appointments. And then........that new sewing machine my husband bought me should be here any day now and I can hardly wait to get it. I have several gift projects that need to be finished before Christmas. Oh, how I would love to finish them on that new machine!
So are any of you feeling like you could use one of Santa's Elves if they were "for hire"?  I think I would like one that would follow me around and when I go from one room to the next, the elf would tell me what I came into that room to get. LOL!  No elf here so gotta run.............
Have a great Monday!
Sandi










8 comments:

Alicia said...

Either way you look at it, is beautiful!!!

Pat said...

Good luck with that special event! If I recall correctly, it's one day next week? I had to laugh at you hanging this quilt upside down!!! I can still see it's a very nice quilt. What size is it? It looked huge to me on the line there, but then from something you said, I'm thinking it's not huge. I'm in pretty good shape with preparations for Christmas but there have been many years when I certainly would have welcomed some elf-like help! Can't wait to see photos of you with your new machine!

Needled Mom said...

I hear ya!!! I need a few of those elves this year.

I can't wait to see pictures of that new machine. It will be an exciting day.

Snoodles said...

What fun...anticipating that new machine! Yep, I wish I had one of those elves, too. I have to go back down the hall to where I started and think of what it was I wanted to do! :)

Anonymous said...

I write a note of what I should do. Then I either forget that I have a note, or I can not find where I put it.

I am doing okay on getting ready for Christmas, only because I went to a Discovery Toys party and bought gifts for children whose gifts would not get finished on time. Maybe next year. I have also threatened to buy gift cards at Barnes and Noble some year.

I hope that all of you enjoy the holidays!

Owl Lady

Shoutforfood said...

superb

Susan said...

It's great! I don't think it matters which way it turns.

Heide said...

If you had not pointed it out that it was upside down, I really wonder how many people would have noticed. Love the quilt!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018