Thursday, December 8

An early Christmas Gift!

Yesterday I took a little trip to St. Peter, Minnesota to visit this little shop.......... Knit*&*Sew*World  ...........
Just look at those machines in the window with bows on them. Don't you just love a good window display?  I headed through that green door to pick up my own little sewing machine gift.  As I mentioned before, my husband bought me a Laura Ashley Innov'is-2000 by Brother for a Christmas/anniversary gift. I still can't believe he bought it but then again, I have been making a good case for a new one for a couple years now. I guess he was listening better than I thought. :-)
So, here's the new baby in the house.....
I named her Mazie, short for "Mazerati" because she is truly like driving a Mazerati after sewing on my basic White sewing machine for years. Actually, I haven't a clue what it would be like to drive a Mazerati but I don't even care. I'd rather have this sewing machine! We took it out of the box, read the instructions, and we both tried out the machine. It sews so smoothly!  My husband was impressed that it can thread the needle. So am I because ye olde eyesight isn't what it used to be!  I am definitely going to enjoy working with this machine.  I'm so happy, I took another photo so you could get a good view of her long, sleek lines...........
My son asked what my first project will be..........I told him that I'm pretty sure it will be new kitchen curtains and then after that "the list is really long". And on that list will be a project with this fabric....................
All of this pink deliciousness was in my mailbox when I got home from picking up my sewing machine. I ordered it from Hen*and*Chicks*Studio, Heidi Kaisand's new shop and retreat center in Conrad, Iowa. I shared a photo of these fabrics a few weeks ago but when I opened the package..........they were even prettier than in the photo. And there was a nice thank you from Heidi for making the purchase. She's designed her own line of greeting cards, very cute!  I was also surprised when I saw who the designer was for this fabric. It's Lori Holt over at Bee*in*my*Bonnet blog. I love all her designs but I have been so busy that I've not done much blog reading lately and so had no idea this fabric was her design. I'm going to have fun with a spring project that I have in mind for all this pinkness.  Watch for it to reappear sometime in February!
Here's something that won't last til February...........Ferrero candies.............
Our kids, Collette and Devlin surprised us with an anniversary gift..........that sweet treat and a gift certificate to Charley's in Mankato, MN. We're going to wait til after Christmas to use the gift certificate but we are enjoying the chocolates now. I thought I really loved the hazelnut ones but those silver ones are coconut and they are ....... to die for!! I put dibs on them and let Steve have all the ones with the dark chocolate and the almonds (his favorite). Thanks to our kids for thinking of mom and dad!
So, are all of you ready for Christmas? Our gifts are ready but not wrapped. Plenty of time for that. The decorating is more than half done but still lots to do. I am busy trying to finish a couple of trees and other projects because a local Minnesota magazine will be taking some Christmas decorating photos in our home next week. I'll share more on this project later. Right now.........I'm off to hang more ornaments on a little white tree I set up in our dining room.  Singing Christmas tunes as I work.......... "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas............."
Oh, and be sure to stop by on Saturday for a visit. I'm participating in Michele's Quilting Gallery Blog Hop.........check out the info here.  I've got a sleigh-full of something special for one lucky winner. Oops......that's a clue. Come back Saturday and find out what will be in that sleigh.............
Have a great day!
Sandi

13 comments:

Donna said...

Mazie is absolutely stunning! Enjoy driving her.

Pat said...

Your Mazie looks to be a really wonderful gal!!! Love the fabric and don't even get me started on how I drooled at seeing those chocolates! A belated Happy Anniversary to you and Steve AND I'm sure the magazine will be happy they chose to take some photos of your decorating. You have a real knack for that kind of thing...and be sure you show them one or more of your miniatures! They truly AMAZE me!!!

Denise :) said...

Oh Sandi, what fun! I think I'd take a new sewing machine over a new car most any day. LOL! Enjoy your new Mazie! :)

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I love my Brother machine too. I am jealous at the size of that sewing bed on yours!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! Maybe I need another machine????

Marie said...

You were across the steet (and thru the alley) and didn't come and see me!!

Enjoy every moment of the Mazerati --- I have a Mercede's and love it!

annemarie said...

Wow what a beautiful machine - I am looking at my Kenmore from the seventies and thinking I really need a new machine. This has been such a good machine though. I really wonder if I would be able to figure out a computerized machine - I know you will enjoy your Christmas gift for many years to come! Happy holidays to you and your family - and happy anniversary!

Bearlywild said...

Congratulations on your new member of the family. I hope she serves you well. Nothing like a new toy to jump start creativity. I'm looking forward to this new blog hop. Sounds like a lot of participants so will be spending time with that. Looking forward to your decorating photos. You are taking some, arn't you?

Marsha B said...

I have the same machine, my husband bought it for me last year as an early Christmas present. I love it! You will, too. It is just a wonderful machine to use, enjoy yourself!

Needled Mom said...

Welcome Mazie. It will certainly be a dream to sew on. That needle threading idea is crucial as we get those older eyes!!!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It's looks wonderful! Love the size of your bed. Have fun with your new baby!

Sherry said...

What a wonderful gift, your hubby did good! Enjoy & wishing you many fun projects with Mazie.

Susan said...

Beautiful machine! I can hardly wait to see your plan for the new fabric. Thanks for the links.

Heather said...

Awesome, Sandi! I'm so happy for you, enjoying your new machine. :o)

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018