Monday, March 21

What's on the line?

Hanging on the line today is a little quilt from the book "Forget-Me-Nots" from CountryThreads. I love the message on the quilt...........

"I bring fresh showers for thirsting flowers."

It's actually lines from a poem by Shelley and if you want to read the entire poem just go here. Late Saturday night, in fact just about midnight, I heard rain on the roof. I love the sound of rain on the roof. We still have lots of snow on the ground and there are worries about flooding so I wasn't hoping for too much rain, but I did love the sound of it while it lasted (only about half an hour).
This quilt makes me smile. I enjoyed making it and did the angel in fusible applique and then added touches of embroidery and yo-yo's for the flowers. Many of the patterns from Country Threads are more country/primitive and are shown in darker colors in the book. I wanted a fresh springy look and just used scraps to get the colors I wanted. I made this in 2001 after buying the book on "close-out" at Country Threads. I don't think it's available anymore but if you like the pattern you could contact Country Threads. There are four more designs in the pattern booklet and someday I hope to make them all. :-) Someday..........
If you are wondering why I haven't posted about my GO!Baby yet, it's because I am awaiting shipment of the dies that I chose. They are on back order. In the meantime, I am working on a couple other projects. Always plenty of fabric to play with so I'm never bored. :-)
Have a good Monday!
Sandi

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is so sweet, Sandi. I'll bet it was fun to embellish.

Denise said...

Very cute, and appropriate for the season! I haven't ordered anything from Connecting Threads, but I plan to order some 30s fabic soon (like I need more fabric, lol)!

Jocelyn said...

What an adorable quilt! It really says "Spring"!

Barbara said...

This little quilt is absolutely wonderful! Very, very cute, whimsical and meaningful!

Beth said...

Cute quilt! Looks so springy. On this yucky morning I could use a bbit of spring.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Too cute! Nothing on my line today...it's snowing on the second day of spring! Typical New England weather!

MGM

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's adorable. I like that. You have one huge quilt collection!

Pat said...

That little springy angel is very cute. Thanks for sharing her with us today! I hope your dies arrive soon.

Anonymous said...

That is lovely! Love the colors you used.
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018