Thursday, March 17

What a happy St. Patrick's Day for me!!

And why would it be such a happy St. Patrick's Day for me?
That's because there's a new arrival at our house.......
a little GO! baby! from AccuQuilt.
And isn't she pretty?!!!

She arrived on my doorstep just after 4:00 p.m. this past Tuesday, the 15th of March. I was expecting her but I was a bit concerned that she might be "over-due" as the UPS guy usually delivers earlier in the day here in our neighborhood.  He must have been in a hurry because he ran up the driveway with the box, placed it on the front steps and didn't even ring the doorbell. Now what if I hadn't been expecting her arrival? She might have been left outside all night and suffered in the cold. Okay, enough of this silliness, let's get down to business. A big Thank You goes out to AccuQuilt for sending me the GO! baby and another Thank You goes to Pat (click on her name to check out her blog) as she mentioned my blog to the staff there and I am so glad she did. There will be a chance for you to win a GO! baby, too and details on that will be coming up soon after I do a tutorial using the dies that I chose.  Stay tuned for that for sure!!!

Now, I have one more bit of fun regarding the arrival of my GO! baby......I'm going to name her. A couple of my blogging friends asked if I was going to name my GO! baby and I had actually given that some thought. Since I knew she might arrive near St. Patrick's Day and since Ms.  Pat  was in essence her fairy godmother, I just had to give her the name..........
PATTICAKES!
Ah, yes, it is a very good St. Pat's Day here and while there is no "pot 'o gold" at the end of the rainbow, I think the arrival of Miss Patticakes GO! baby is as good as gold!
Since this a day for the "wearin' of the green", I thought I should share a little something made with green and white fabric. A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I cover copy paper boxes with fabric and sort of color code them. Some of you asked to see a sample so here is one of my covered boxes. Obviously, this box below holds St. Pat's items and fabrics...........
And a peek inside the box reveals that is exactly what you'll find.  And again, no pot 'o gold here but fabric is also worth more than gold in my book!  :-) 
When I'm covering the boxes, I often use fabric that I've bought that I like (usually on clearance after a holiday) but that is either too thin or too thick for quilting. Such was the case with this box. I actually covered the lid first with an old sheet, then glued the shamrock print to the box. I didn't want the lettering to show through the fabric. I do it as if I was wrapping a gift. It just works. :-)  The green for the bottom of the box was a heavy cotton duck fabric and I covered the outside first, then lined the inside. I keep the decorations for St. Pat's there and also my little "collection" of green and white shamrock prints. And it's those fabrics that will be used in my first experiment with the GO! baby, I mean, Patticakes. :-)  After I get used to "changing her" (the dies and mats, that is), I'm going to use some of these lovely fabrics that Jacquelynne over at The*Noble*Wife sent me. Oh, I am going to have so much fun and when I do, I will be sure to include all of you in the fun, too!

Here's hoping you are having a Happy St. Patrick's Day, too!!!
Sandi

14 comments:

Kaye said...

Lucky, lucky you! It was very well deserved. Top of the mornin to you!

Pat said...

I am so honored to be Patticakes' fairy godmother and to have her be named after me. I am sure you will love her and your creativity will be well-served by having her at your disposal. Can't wait to see what you make first with her! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too.

Kathy said...

Awesome.....I've bene looking at the GO but just haven't decided if I really want one. I hope you enjoy yours!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Lucky Sandi! Such a fun new toy! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

MGM

Mommarock said...

Yay Sandi! I'm so excited for you! It will be wonderful to see the things that you make with your baby... because everything is always just so wonderful and enjoyable to see. Have you some fun now :)

hulaskirtbert said...

Fun, fun, fun!! Can't wait to see everything you create with it

Needled Mom said...

You are going to have so much fun!!!! I can't wait to see wht you create.

I love your idea of covering the boxes. They are beautiful AND practical!

Sarah or Semmy said...

The name for your Go Baby is so fitting. It shows you did a lot of thinking to make sure it was just right, and it is just that. Congratulations upon receiving it. You deserve the honor. Thanks to Pat also for being the "fairy Godmother".
Sarah in OK

Pamela O said...

Oh, so lucky for you. I love the idea of covering the boxes.

Miss Hillbilly said...

A very wonderful present for you today!!

Micki said...

Congrats on the baby Go!
Have fun with it!
Micki

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

How sweet that your fairy godmother Pat has a great connection! It's so nice that she hooked you up with a GO Baby! It sounds like it may also be another chance for me to win one!

Astrid said...

You lucky girl! Have fun with your GO!baby - eh - Patticakes! :)

Diane Wild said...

How fun. You do know that you just entered another world of creative addiction, don't you? Have fun with that. We'll be waiting to see what you come up with.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018