Sunday, May 9

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to Moms, Daughters, Grandmas, Great-Grandmas, Aunts, Cousins, Girlfriends..........all the women who are important in our lives!! Here's a picture of my mom that I've shared in a previous post...........
It was taken last December after she had finished stitching up a whole bunch of little doll quilts. You can read about it in that previous post here. My mother taught me to sew and I am so thankful for that. I love to work with needle and thread. :-) I'll be doing that on this Mother's Day. Just something fun for me and it's going to involve that rick rack I showed you a few days ago. :-) It will be a couple of weeks before I can share any pictures of the project. Stop by on Monday, though, and I'll have some fun things "on the line". Til then, have a lovely day!
Sandi

14 comments:

Crispy said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too my friend :0)

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post, Sandy. I hadn't seen the one with your Mom and the quilts shortly after she made them, thanks for that link too. I'll be looking forward to your rick rack project. Have a lovely day!

Darlene said...

Happy Mother's Day! Have a wonderful day.

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you a wonderful day as well!

luv2quilt2 said...

Happy Mothers' Day, and if you're able to spend some of it sewing, I know you're having a good time.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day to Sandi! Can't wait to see what you're doing with ric rac...I know it will be fabulous!

MGM

Maggey and Jim said...

What a lovely Mother.. and she sews? Wow,, how nice,
Have a super day
Maggey

Owl Lady said...

I want to join everyone else in wishing you and your other readers a Happy Mother's Day!

Nihal said...

Happiest of Happy Mother's Day to you, dearest Sandi. Like you, my mother taught me how to use needle. When I find time I too love to work with needle and xxx thread. Today Istanbul was the busiest one. From my apartment I saw flowerists and delivery cars like bees on the street, started early morning until now, late evening. For mothers waiting bunch of flowers. She spreads her love, and flowers never enough, I know.

Oh I can't forget your Mother. I have her photo taken with you, stands in my library. Give a big hug instead of me, with love and warmly. Cakes, flowers, packages full of day to you on your Special Day, Sandi.

Focused on your next post~

Rae Ann said...

What a beautiful woman your mother is and a great tribute to her. Hope your day is filled with sunshine and love. Happy Mother's Day!

Barb said...

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Missouri Gal said...

That is so pretty, even if it is for a doll! Your mom looks like a lovely person. Happy Mother's Day!

Pat said...

I remember that photo and I love it just as much now as when you first showed it to us. You are lucky to still have your mom...mine has been gone for 21 years now. *sigh* Anyway..I hope you had a happy day...I had a lovely one...first time I was with daughter and granddaughter on Mother's Day for a few years...so it was special.

Beth said...

Hope you had a happy day with lots of sewing. Now I see that you got not only your love of needlework from your Mom , also your very giving spirit.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018