Thursday, May 13

Cleaning my desk.....

I have a very messy desk. I try very hard to keep it neat but then I put one project on one corner and then set another project on top of that......then on the other side of my desk, I start piling little "to do" notes and then a card or two that I plan to send finds it's way into the pile, so that means my address book ends up there, too..........and before you know it.......stuff gets lost in my little piles. So.......it was time to clean my desk and do a few of those "to do" items in the pile. Here's the first "to do" note.........post gifts from Andrea.............


These sweet little treasures arrived unexpectedly in my mailbox last Friday! Andrea, a fellow blogger who lives in Budapest sent them to me along with a lovely notecard. You can find her blog and better pictures of the little wallhanging here and the pincushion is here . I "met" Andrea when she found my blog a little over a year ago. Shortly after that she won one of my giveaways....a quilting book......and then she won another.....pre-cut flannel squares for a lap quilt.....and then she won Christmas Charm squares (one of a dozen blogging friends who won packs of charms from my stash)!! She was very lucky! And so, she sent me a little something in return and wrote...."I've sewn these little projects thinking of you. I hope you'll like them." And I immediately wrote to let her know that I love them! Apples are the theme in my kitchen and in my previous post you can see the little wallhanging has a place by my kitchen stove. :-) The pincushion has taken it's place on my pincushion collection shelf. What a lovely pair of gifts!


Second "to do" note........post about winning roosters.......... Well, I didn't win real live roosters but I did win a giveaway last Friday over at Pat Sloan's blog. I left a comment on Pat's Radio Monday post and I was the winner of Florine Johnson's rooster patterns which you can find.....here and the patterns I won were "Hilda" mother of the Radical Roosters and "Rock" and "Ricky". They remind me of some wild roosters from my childhood. Sometimes I wonder how I can like chickens when I have no fond memories of those old roosters. LOL!


Third note in the "to do" pile........post pic of Jacob on his birthday......Here he is on Saturday, and it was a lucky, gift-filled day for him. Three of his friends came over and then they all went to "Ironman2" and then spent the night. :-)

That's Jacob on the left eyeing the Pokeman cake that his Aunt Mandy made. Dad Daryl is lighting the candles and Grandpa Steve is eagerly waiting for Jacob to blow out the candles so we could get to the cake and ice cream!

Okay, that's three "to do's" posted, several notes with "to do's" that are done were tossed, and then I addressed a couple cards to friends, and that meant I could put my address book away! Then I decided to "reign in" the clutter of my jars of pencils, scissors, etc. and boxes of paper clips, stapler, etc. I found a basket that would hold all of them perfectly and now I can just pick it up and dust under it. The right side of my desk is clean!............the left side of my desk is not. :-( That's a good task for tomorrow. :-)

So are you a messy desk person or is your desk neat and tidy? I would love to know!
See you tomorrow!
Sandi

11 comments:

Ida13 said...

The pleasure is mine, Sandi.
I'M the happiest person in the world if you like these little projects.

Owl Lady said...

The gifts are lovely. I also enjoyed seeing how much Jacob has grown.

My desks are messy. Yes, there are two of them. One is in our home office - six feet long and three feet deep (made from a door). I have one side, and DH has the other. His side is messy. My side is even messier. The only place that does not have a stack of papers on it is my computer monitor. All it has is a Beanie Baby beagle named Sidekick.

The second desk is for personal correspondence and small craft projects. Right now it is covered with Mary Engelbreit fabrics for a series of projects that my BFF and I are making. I need to move the ME fabrics downstairs to my sewing area so that I can work on some Christmas ornaments that need ribbons tied for hangers.

Barb said...

What cute gifties.....

Congrats on the win....

luv2quilt2 said...

I am definitely a messy desk person. As much as I'd like to be neat, I get so many things going that it reminds me of the Snoopy character, Pig Pen who always had messes following him around!

Needled Mom said...

I'm the messy "stacker" too. I have been in the process of trying to tidy up everything lately. I do like the feel of neat!!!

Your wall hangind in lovely. How perfect that it matches your themed kitchen!

LOVE the roosters. I may have to give a few of them a try. They are so bright and colorful and I have a lot of roosters around my house.

Happy belated birthday to the BIG guy.

Crispy said...

Lovely gifites and Happy Birthday to Jacob!! I'm a tidy desk person, it's an advantage to have slow dial up, you have time to declutter while waiting for blogs to load LOL.

Crispy

Micki said...

I love the roosters, and may have to make them into cushions. Really cute!
Micki

Pat said...

Oh, yes....I have clutter. Once in awhile, I clear it all away, but...somehow, it finds its way back!!! LOL Congrats on your win! I've been away for a couple of days and will never be able to get caught up on reading blogs......

Anonymous said...

Desk?! I think it might be here somewhere! lol Congrats on winning Florine Johnson's patterns. I just had to have some, too, so I purchased Raj and Rob Roy. I plan to do one as a small wall hanging and the other will be put on a BBQ apron for my son. He was known as Chicken George when he was little--he loved his chickens and named all of the roosters Fred :o)

Beeshebags said...

Unfortunately I have to admit to being a grot everywhere Sandi...I only have room on my computer desk for my coffee mug, all the rest of the space is full! As for where I sew....that's a mess too.....UFO's, pincushions, sewing machine feet, patterns, tutorials, folders of patterns etc all stacked up and just enough room for my sewing machine! Hugs Naomi

Nihal said...

Congrats to you, Sandi:) I'm very interested in seeing those blogs you highlighted, Andrea's in Budapest. I like Budapest, and to what I know they are so talented. Enjoy your lovelies. Isn't it great that quilting world always gives an opportunity to meet unique friends with big hearts. Everyone loves to make each other's day.

Happy belated Birthday wishes to handsome Jacob*

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018