Monday, February 15

Mother Nature.......

seems to think we need more snow. It is falling as I write. And then the wind is going to blow. Not good! Bet there will be more late starts for the school kids. Wow, this has been some winter!

Today is a holiday here in the U.S. It's President's Day. It should be a day to observe our presidents. Unfortunately, as with so many holidays, it's become a big day for commercial businesses to have huge sales. I won't be out shopping, though. Instead, I'll be working on blocks for my "Grace and a Prayer" quilt. I was going to do one on Friday in honor of Lincoln. I couldn't come up with anything other than a log cabin block and I want something different. I want to do a Washington themed block, too, so it may be the end of the week before I finish these blocks. I'll post my results when they are done. :-)
I also have two deadlines this week. One, I remembered. The other one, I kind of forgot about and now I have to "scurry". Sometimes, I do my best work when I "scurry". :-)
Have a good Monday!
Sandi

6 comments:

Christine said...

Happy President's Day! Unfortunately I have to go to work. I can't wait to see your blocks and your "scurry" project :) Christine

luv2quilt2 said...

I'll be interested to see what you come up with for Lincoln and Washington other than log cabin blocks.

Crispy said...

Sounds like you got the storm we had on Saturday. It's not the snow that bothers me, it's the cold and wind. Spring can't get here soon enough!! Look forward to seeing your projects :o)

Crispy

Pat said...

You know the story about good old George and the cherry tree, so maybe his block needs to be cherry-themed? We know we have had a bad winter when someone in MN is now also growing sick of the weather!!! LOL

Needled Mom said...

Oh no....not more snow! You poor thing. Guess it makes for a good sewing holiday. I still think of the holidays on the 12th and 22nd. I don't know why they combined them. Oh well.

I will be taking advantange of the sales as my freezer (38 years old) is dying a slow death and whining about it too. I'll make bets that the new one doesn't last as long.

Owl Lady said...

How about a line drawing of Lincoln as on Mt. Rushmore centered with Courthouse Square strips around it?

Maybe the same kind of drawing for Washington surrounded by squares of cherries as Pat suggested? I have some charm squares of Mary Engelbreit's Recipe for Friendship fabric and would be happy to share a few of the ones with cherries if that would help with whatever you do.

We have more snow also. We already have had twice our normal snowfall for the whole winter. I am ready to see crocus! They are my earliest blooms.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018