Sunday, February 28

Right up to the last minute.....

Yes, it's the last day in February so I am right up to the last minute in finishing the project for the OPAM challenge. More than three years ago, I found this little design over at PatternBee and about the same time, I found that flannel with all the mittens on it. The design is actually one of several blocks for a baby quilt but I saw it as a pillow. I embroidered the little kitties using wool floss and then added the flannel borders........and then it sat there in my pile of "PROJECTS IN PROGRESS"!! It was so close to being finished that I don't know why it took me so long to just "git 'er done". (Yes, my husband watches NASCAR!) Anyway, on Friday, I got out a pillow form and made the cording to go around the pillow top and stitched it along the pillow's edge. On Saturday, I added the backing and in no time, it was done............

And where are the kittens mittens? Mama has put them away as she thinks spring has arrived because it was sunny and in the 30's here today. LOL!!

And here is what the back of the pillow looks like. I did not need to use buttons or velcro for closure as the flannel sort of "sticks to itself". :-)
Here is the project, I'm going to finish for March. It's another pillow. Actually, there's another pillow similar to it and I'm going to finish it, too. And
then there are blocks for a tulip wallhanging and I am going to finish that, too. Even if we get another winter storm, the tulips will make me think that spring has arrived!
I visited some friends at a quilt retreat on Saturday afternoon and will have some photos to share in my next post. Have a lovely Sunday!
Sandi

13 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is just so cute....and the Tulip cushion also looks lovely....Peg OPAM 2010

Barb said...

Love your finish...and your new pillow!!

Marika said...

Oh i like it, it is so nice,
you are so a clever Girl,
i look always to your Blog

kind regards with love from Germany Marika

luv2quilt2 said...

Lovely little naughty kitten pillow!

Crispy said...

Awwww a very sweet pillow. I love the tulip one :0)

Crispy

Christine said...

Cute little kitties! :) Christine

Latane Barton said...

Love the kittens. It makes a very cute and fun pillow.

julieQ said...

Such a cute vintage looking pillow!! Your tulips are so pretty and springlike, Sandi.

Judy C said...

so cute I love the mitten fabric to match. Now I need to go finish the pillow I have in the works, to many big projects this month!

Needled Mom said...

Very sweet! I love the tulip pillow. I just know that will bring spring!!!!!!

Owl Lady said...

What fun! Those kittens are cute. The tulips are more my style. Spring can not come soon enough for me, or it would already be here.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very cute and springy tulip pillow Sandi!!

Nanette Merrill said...

My mom used to say poems and nursery rhymes to me all the time. This was one of our favorites.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018