Thursday, December 2

Busy day and very tired!

It's only the second day of December and I am already tired. Yesterday was a very busy day and, unfortunately, a "no-time to sew" day. I had a doctor's appointment and then errands to run that took up most of the day and then in the evening, I went to the Crechfest at Centennial Lutheran Church. It was a lovely event and I thought I would share some of the favorites. The creche figures and angels came from church members and friends. Some came from far away like those in the picture above and the one below.........
These figures in the photo below were given to me by my mother. She used to own a ceramic shop many years ago and told me that she made all the figures except the camels. She had the molds for them and so she poured the "slip/clay", fired them and then painted them. She bought the camels at a garage sale. My daughter's mother-in-law gave me the wooden stable. I've had it for many years and never used it. It was waiting for the figures that my mother gave me this past summer. :-)
I shared just a few old Christmas song books that were tucked in with the creche scenes........
This little vintage angel in the photo below was only about 4" high. She looks so sweet holding the little lamb.
Anything that had a creche scene was decorated and displayed. I just loved this vintage cardboard piece displayed on an easel..........
The creche that I made in the early 1970's was displayed under a Christmas tree, the same way that I do it here at home (and will again if I ever get the tree decorated).
I found this vintage book of pop-up Christmas carols at a thrift shop.


There was a large collection of angels and these little lovelies were my favorite.There was a wonderful evening of Christmas music followed by Christmas goodies and time to visit with friends. It was a really nice evening.
And when I got home........I wanted to add lights to the tree but every string has a problem. I'm sharing my Christmas thoughts over here. There's not much to read because I didn't get much done. LOL!
Today I'm off to the dentist and then, it's our annual Crazy Quilting Christmas potluck. Fun evening ahead again!
Later,
Sandi

8 comments:

Crispy said...

Our family nativity set was purchased by my grandmother when she was in the middle east. It's hand carved and really lovely. No picture as my sister in Seattle has it.

Crispy

Pat said...

Hubby made our stable and it is always so nice to see it in place each year. I enjoyed your photos and hearing about the evening. I really like that pop-up Christmas song book, too!

Kaye said...

Busy, busy, busy Sandi. How do you manage to do it all?

Needled Mom said...

I'm at the dentist today too!!!! Have fun.

Our church has the "No Room at the Inn" show this weekend. I love seeing all of the different nativity sets.

baukje said...

Lovely Christmas figures. Take care of yourself....(i also was at the dentist today!!!)

Micki said...

Beautiful decorative items!
Micki

Rae Ann said...

It sounds like another busy day for you so thanks for taking the time to stop and share all of those lovely things. The little angels are my very favorite!

nancy huggins said...

I just realized that my Manger is in storage in south AL and won't be able to get back down south until spring to get all of our items that we had to leave behind. I will miss it this year but at least we have our tree and ornaments ...I did enjoy seeing yours..Thanks for sharing :)

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018