Friday, December 31

The last day of 2010........

It's the last day of 2010. I can't believe it's over. I can't believe it's 2010 and soon to be 2011. Sorry for this cliche.......but time flies too fast!! Only days ago it was Christmas Day and we were opening packages and enjoying time with our kids and grandson. This past week, I've shared a few photos from our Christmas gathering but not one of me. Since I write this blog, I thought I'd share this photo. I am smiling because there is fabric in that package............

It's the gift from my son and he chose fabrics I can use in my crazy quilting projects.....navy and black velveteen and red satin. They are perfect for some projects I need to finish. So right here ......and right now.......I am making a New Year's Resolution. Drumroll........My resolution is that by the end of 2011, I will finally finish the crazy quilt blocks that I began in 2000. They must all be done and embellished and ready to sew into a full size throw that will be finished by January 31, 2012. That's it. That's my resolution. I could resolve to lose weight (I have lost 8 lbs and do not plan to go in search of them and maybe I'll lose more but what if I don't?) or I might say I'm going to never buy anymore fabric (that would be a lie!) or I won't eat anymore chocolate (I gave up Coca-cola, how on earth could I give up chocolate, too?). I always make time to see my family as much as possible and more when it works out, and I make time to volunteer so I had to resolve to do something that I just can't seem to get done. My dream of a finished crazy quilt must come true. Yes, I need to go from "crazy quilt blocks in progress" to "Crazy Quilt is a finished project!" You heard it here. It will be done......January 31, 2012. I'll keep you posted, you know I will. :-)
Now, speaking of keeping you posted...............you will want to check in next week as I have a whole bunch of stuff that is going to be happening here on my blog and elsewhere. That's all I'm saying right now. All the details will be posted in my Monday morning "What's on the line?" post. I'll be posting this weekend but no clues for what's coming up until I see you all next Monday.
Hope you all have some lovely plans for welcoming the New Year.....even if it's just staying home to play games with the family or watch a movie and enjoy some snacks and toast the start of a New Year! Have fun whatever you do!
Sandi who is wishing all of you...........
Happy New Year!!!

14 comments:

Ida13 said...

I wish you a happy new year Sandi! (I've started to write more good wishes and so on, but I felt my english bad.) The best to you!

quiltingnana said...

what a great gift from someone special....may 2011 bring you joy

Marie said...

Happy New Year Sandi! You must have raised 'em well if they give you FABRIC for Christmas!!!!! love it....

Maggey and Jim said...

Good luck on that project, nothing like new fabric to get us motivated.. Happy New Year,
Maggey & Jim

Kathy said...

I think your velvet fabric is wonderful. It is so nice that your son gave it to you. Happy New Year. Good luck with the sewing goal. I love to hear more about your progress as you make more of the blocks.

wordmama said...

Those sound like sensible resolutions to me. Hope you have a Happy New Year. I always look forward to "What's on the line?" And fabric is always the perfect present!

Crispy said...

Oooo how fun!! I'm going to really enjoy seeing your crazy quilt come to life. I could spend hours looking at the fancy stitching on a crazy quilt :0)

Happy New Year my friend!!

Crispy

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Beth said...

Happy New Year!
I look forward to seeing that crazy quilt all done.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Never fear Sandi, I found your 8 pounds!!.......grin. I would have rather had a fat quarter.

I really love your idea of focusing on just one quit. I'm beginning to think I have adult ADD.

Billie

Oh Sew Addicted said...

Happy New Year Sandi! I love your resolution and hope that you can find time to do it all. And as far as the upcoming secret goodies are concerned, I can't wait!! Take care and happy 2011!
carla louise

Diane H said...

Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year, Sandi.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, cq! I'm getting back to my moms blocks this week. Going to try to finish ... I think it's Allie's mom, actually!

Annette W. said...

That is so sweet that your son chose fabric for you!

I think it is so wonderfully funny that your crazy quilt will take 11 years. I totally understand!

Happy New Year! (Oh..and sleds are not Christmasy...just wintery!)

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018