Friday, December 17

And the winner is........

Arlette! Yes, Arlette, you are the lucky winner of the Ten Minute Tablerunner Kit. I've sent you an e-mail and as soon as I get your mailing address, it will go in the mail to you!
I'm a little short on time to blog right now. Lots of things to do that I enjoy and one of them is my Christmas cards. The annual photo letter is finished and all I have to do is sign the cards, seal and they will go on their merry way! I'll get that done this morning, then off to the Post Office this afternoon. Once these go in the mail, I'll have more time for blogging and have a couple of lovely things to share with you all.
How many of you send Christmas cards? or do you send e-greetings or a Christmas letter via e-mail? I have always loved sending and receiving cards. Some come from friends in the military that we haven't seen in 30 or more years but we stay in touch. I have saved in a large box wrapped in Christmas gift wrap, almost every card that we have received in the past 40 years! Yep, that's right. It's fun to read the old notes, remember friends and family. There is probably nothing quite like Christmas to conjure up memories! I have a plan for the cards..........I am in search of a wooden paneled screen that I can decoupage most of the cards to. If I can't find what I want, then I think I will have to see if my husband can produce something in his shop that will work for my idea. :-) I need to make this happen this summer. It's on my "to do" list and if it gets done, you can bet I'll share a photo here on my blog!
Have a Fa-la-la Fabulous Friday!
Sandi

14 comments:

Pat said...

Congratulations to Arlette....she has always been such a sweetie in Blogland, so I'm glad she won this prize!

antique quilter said...

Congrats to Arlette!
oh I love your idea for the cards, what wonderful memories that would be looking at
I can't wait to see it!
Kathie

Crispy said...

I've never been one to send cards. I prefer calling and now sending e-mails. I don't receive many cards but that's ok, I figure I'm saving a lot of trees :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

congrats to Arlette

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas screen sounds wonderful. Be sure to make that happen. I was so glad I joined the Christmas card exchange. It was so much fun to see the different cards and places they come from. We usually only send out maybe 25 cards. Now that I am retired I get my cards out a lot earlier.

Have a Merry Christmas.
Sandy K

Missouri Gal said...

Congrats to Arlette! Merry Christmas to all!

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations to Arlette!

A screen would be a fabulous idea for the old cards. I hope you can find one so hubby isn't put to the task.

We still send out Christmas cards and I enjoy receiving them in return.

Diane H said...

Congratulations Arlette! It must be so much fun seeing all those 'vintage' cards. Merry Christmas everyone.

Lindah said...

Oh, I like your decoupaged screen idea. A neat backdrop for a Christmas vignette.

I have kept cards, too. When we lived in a larger house, those cards went up with the current year's cards. We enjoyed seeing them again year after year.

My mother kept all kinds of cards. When I went through her papers, I found a box of them. It was a delight to go through them, reading notes from relatives long past. Their penmanship surely was better than mine is! Some of my aunties wrote quite humorous notes and poems. Finding those cards was a treasure to me.

Diane Wild said...

Congratulations to Arlette. Now we want to see if that truly is a 10 minute table runner. I'm sending email cards this year but next year I have plans for a photo card. I'll be retired by then so will have lots of time to work on them.

Diane

Beth said...

Congrats Arlette!
I usually send cards too, have not gotten them out yet this year. They might be late or I might have to email.

arlette said...

Thank you to all the ladies!, and thank you so much Sandi!!!, I'll be more than happy to make the kit :), can't wait for it, yay!!!, I already sent the email to your way...
I like to keep christmas cards, some of them are really old and casually I was thinking to use them in decoupage, would love to see what do you have in mind!

sewfunquilts said...

Congrats to Arlette. Yes, I sent out cards this year...enjoyed doing it. Great idea about your decoupage screen using them.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

julieQ said...

Congratulations to Arlette! I too save all our old cards...I don't know why, but they are fun to look at!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018