Tuesday, April 21

Update on Emma's Hope quilt........

All the blocks are in except one and it should be here any day. This is a possible lay-out of the blocks. All the 12 1/2" blocks will be bordered by the 6 1/2" blocks. I have extra 6 1/2" blocks that are currently filling spots where 12 1/2" blocks can go and I'll adjust when I receive the last block or blocks.

There will actually be two quilts. The one above is the quilt that will be auctioned. The one below will be a small wall quilt for Emma and her family. There are reasons why I chose which blocks went to which quilt and when it's all finished I'll explain why and post the names of who made which block.
In the meantime, I took a photo of each person's blocks with the envelope it came in so that I have that as reference for who made what block. I was hoping to get this all sewn together before I go to Iowa next week, but I don't think I will have time. I may get some of it done on Thursday of this week but that's the only day I'll have that I can work on it. When I get back, I can get it sewn together and then send it on to the church ladies who will hand quilt it. I believe they said they need a week. The fundraiser is set for May 30th.


4 comments:

Pat said...

You are doing a terrific job with this, Sandi. Thanks for updating us on the project.

Kaye said...

You did an awesome job putting those blocks together. The layout is great Sandi, and hopefully it will raise a lot of money for Emma's care. I am humbled to be a part of such a great bunch of quilters.

JuliaB said...

ooooer! Sandi, I don't think mine is good enough!!!!!!! xxx

GeeGee said...

Sandi, you did a great job in the layout of the blocks. Thank you for posting the picture. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of such a worthy cause and hope it will be very resourceful towards Emma's healing care. Lots of LOVE for Emma is generated in the making of this quilt and thank YOU for making it happen....gladys

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018