Wednesday, April 22

Little gifts and more!

Last Saturday at my gathering of quilting friends, a few of them brought gifts. I consider their friendship a gift in itself but I never turn down anything related to fabric!!! My friend, Carol M, brought this little box that once held Godiva chocolates and was now filled with much more long-lasting treats.........beautiful lace trims!!



These narrow laces were long and perhaps were made for table edgings or nightgowns and never used. Can anyone tell me if that is crochet in the lace shown above? The work is very fine and none of us knew for sure how it might have been made.

These larger trim pieces were probably the edging on pillowcases. They are very soft and luxurious is the word that comes to mind when I try to describe the feel of the handiwork on these edgings.


Cathy brought me a Sunbonnet Sue book and thought I might have it but hadn't ever seen this one. Now others are wanting it, too. LOL!! Cashews from Arlis to keep me nourished when it's late like it is right now. And Joan brought this great product for laundering quilts and linens and Lavonne gave me the tulip notepad which has already been put to good use. Thanks, Friends!!!
Now, I am behind on just about everything these days and these photos are proof of that. Two weeks ago or more, I mentioned that I had found some wool and this is it. I ordered it up from the Amana Colonies (in Kalona, Iowa near Iowa City) and it is soooooooooooo plush and divine. When the weather warms up, I am going to do some dyeing and will post about it here on my blog.

And then when the wool has been dyed lots of fun colors, I am going to be using it for a series of penny rug and wool applique projects.


And to stitch the penny rugs, I am going to be using this wonderful palette of threads that I received several days ago from The Gentle Art. Click here to learn more about their threads. I love the colors and can hardly wait to start the projects that I see in my mind for all that wool and all that thread. It's just like being a kid in a candy store!!
Just a little BOM info..........I am preparing to make some changes in the posting of the BOM blocks and it will make it very easy for those of you who wish to get patterns for past months. I will be posting the info on this on May 1st and will follow with the posting of the May blocks on May 8th.
That's all for tonight.
Have a good day.
Sandi

8 comments:

Crispy said...

What nice goodies you recieved from your friends. The lace does look like it's crocheted, whether by hand or not, I couldn't tell you, but it sure is pretty.

Crispy

Pat said...

How nice to get all those goodies. I am especially interested in that Sunbonnet Sue book. Is it one that is currently in print? If so, can you give me the details as I might want to order that. I envision it as a BOM with a different Sue for each month of the year!

xashee's corner said...

What WONDERFUL goodies!
that lace could be tatted. :)
Thank you so very much for sharing! :) Have a MARVELOUS day!!

Nanette Merrill said...

The gifts are lovely and thoughtful.

Sara said...

Those are all great goodies and I love the wool and thread. Can't wait to see the wool dyed and what you create!

Sue H said...

It's always fun to read your blog, especially since we have a number of friends in common. That wool is going to be luscious! And the thread . . . what a treat. And the Sunbonnet Sue book looks intriguing. You got some fun loot!

WoolenSails said...

Lots of great goodies. I love old laces. We used to have a nice place that sold only lace, sure miss that place.

Debbie

Sweet P said...

Oooo . . . wonderful goodies. The lace is gorgeous and the threads are beautiful.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018