Wednesday, December 3

Stockings and Joy!

Today I went to help my daughter, Collette, as she copes with this neck/shoulder pain issue. While she was resting, I worked on some Christmas projects. These are stockings that I'm adding a fur cuff to and a loop for hanging. They will be filled this Sunday after service at our church. We have coloring books, candies, puzzles, games, and stuffed toys to put in the stockings that will bring a smile to some kids on Christmas morning! My friends, Doris, Arlene, Joanie, and Diane helped me cut out the stockings, then Pastor Deb stitched them up and I'm putting on that finishing touch. Teamwork is awesome!


After Collette had rested, I shared a little something that I bought at HeArt of Henderson this past Tuesday. All of their framed treasures were 50% off. Couldn't resist this treasure that was marked at just $5.00. I nearly squealed with delight when I saw it as I thought of Collette right away. Her favorite symbol of Christmas is the tree and the framed piece was in her colors and will great in her living room. When I got ready to show it to her, I told her I didn't get her a card, I got something better and I held up the framed tree. She was delighted, too. "Gorgeous!" was what she said. She smiled (have to be honest, that she smiled amidst the pain) and it made me smile to think it made her feel just a wee bit better.

The floral chair that the framed tree is sitting in is one of two chairs that belonged to my mother-in-law, Ora/Collette's grandma. They are the sweetest, daintiest chairs and very comfortable...........just ask Emmet and Marty, the family cats!
They were curled up in the chair while we ate supper (I made chicken and noodles, good comfort food) and then watched the movie "Heaven is Real". I was working on another little crafty project after supper but I can't show that one for a couple days yet. Back soon.......
Sandi

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The tree is so pretty and looks great on the chair. I'm sorry to hear that Collette is still in so much pain.

Beth said...

What an amazing find! I am sure Collette will smile every time she looks at the tree.
Love those kitties cuddled up on the chair.

Anonymous said...

That tree is so pretty and will be much enjoyed, I'm sure. Love those chairs (and kitties!!!!). I do hope her pain lifts soon.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018