Sunday, December 7

Helping Santa......

Helping Santa is an important job! Many moons ago, I worked at a computer company and a fellow co-worker, Marlys Neudecker, helped me make stockings that our co-workers filled and donated to the local toy drive. A few years ago, I made some more stockings and members of our Bible Study group filled them. Last Spring, I asked the gals if they would help me make them. I brought my stocking patterns and my knit fabrics to the church and we spent an afternoon tracing stocking shapes, then cutting them out..........
 That's Doris tracing a striped stocking and Mary Ann is cutting them.
Working hard is Arline and on her right is our Pastor, Deb Meyer. 
That's Joanie on the left and me on the right. Notice those pretty stained glass windows. When the stockings were cut out, about fifty of them, they were pinned and ready to be sewn. Pastor Deb volunteered to stitch them. When she finished stitching around all the stockings, she returned them to me and I added the fur cuff and the loop for hanging. 
And then this morning after church service, it was time to fill them. Remember that we are only helping Santa. We fill them, he'll deliver them!

Lorraine, Sabrina, Dana, Hannah and Hailey are walking along the "assembly line" of candies, puzzles, stuffed animals (generously donated Beanie collection from Dana), coloring books, etc. to fill a stocking.
Pastor Deb was having a great time. We were all excited to think how happy some kids will be on Christmas morning when they get these stockings. It was serious work making sure every stocking had just the right stuff in it. Thanks to all the helpers today. Santa will be so pleased!
 And when we were all done, I lined them up on the piano...........stockings for good little boys.......
 and stockings for good little girls.........
All of them will be donated to a local toy drive to bring big smiles to lots of little kids come Christmas morning!!
After we finished with the stockings, I delivered this platter of fudge to our table at the Henderson Holiday Showcase event..........
and then I went home and enjoyed a cup of cocoa........followed by a long winter's nap!
;-)
Back tomorrow with a heart-themed post!
Sandi

6 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

What a fun and rewarding project! You are making a lot of kids happy!

Anonymous said...

That looks like loads of fun and many smiles in the future for so many youngsters!!!! The blessings are so bountiful in such projects!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!

Marie said...

Mrs. McCarty!

Beth said...

Looks like lots of smiles for many girls and boys. Great job .

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great idea. Our church has the Angel Tree ministry.

Christine M said...

Those stockings look wonderful.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018