Thursday, April 18

January snow arrives in April!!

Here in Minnesota, we are getting more than our usual share of wintery weather! And it's coming at a time when it's supposed to be Spring!  Just two weeks ago, there was no snow on our deck and I was thinking it wouldn't be long til the warm weather arrived and we could enjoy some burgers on the grill. And then, Mother Nature decided to give us another blanket of snow..............

The photo above was taken the day after I got back from Iowa. My mother is doing well following her hip injury but the time had come to transition to the local Care Center. It is, as many of you know, a tender time when these phases of life take place. Not something that I can easily write about at this time.
Before I left for Iowa, I decided to put spring flowers in the pot that sits on our front porch. Interestingly, it looked really pretty with all that snow covering the flowers...........
I still haven't removed my Christmas tree from the front porch but at least I took all the ornaments off of it. It, too, looked pretty and just like it had been "flocked" and ready for Christmas. But it's not December, it's April!  You can see that Kaiser is looking to get outside.
 and so, out he went.............
Those pictures are all from last weeks storm. I thought that was the end of winter storms but dear Mother Nature had other ideas. Yesterday, she gave us rain and then this morning, there was sleet. And then the snow began and it's still falling. This is what the Christmas Tree looked like on my porch at 11:00 p.m.
This is way too much snow! We got two January snowfalls in April! I am not the only Minnesotan who is ready for some warm weather. The one thing I remind myself of is that all this moisture puts an end to the drought condition of last summer and fall.  Knowing that, I won't complain too much. Maybe just a little.............
I'll get back to regular quilty blogging soon. In the meantime, have a good day and great weekend! And thank you to all of you that comment and send good thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated!
Sandi

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh how I DON"T miss the snow and cold of MN!! Hope you get some spring soon! :)

Melanie said...

A friend told me to laugh when it snows in April because it won't be there long....but it still hurts. We're getting tons of rain. Good-- we need it to melt our tons of snow....Hang in there....

Mommarock said...

Oh now it is just getting ridiculous! I can remember growing up in Minnesota doing Easter egg rolls in the backyard (on the grass). My mom is just getting tired and achy with all of the snow and weather there. I can feel her pain. The weather down here in TX is 80 one day and 50 the next. Goodness sakes! I'm ready for the REAL spring to show her head.

Needled Mom said...

Okay....that is getting crazy!!! Enough already.

Yes, that transition is so difficult. You have my prayers, Sandi.

Pat said...

I am north of the Twin Cities (Princeton) and we got over 12 inches of snow lat night. Sure it looks pretty, but enough is enough. I am cranky with this weather and lack of sun.

This too shall pass...This too shall pass...

Pat in MN

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You got snow, we got floods. Hope that you don't flood when your snow melts. It snowed here, today, but, nothing to stick, thank goodness. I understand about your mother. We had to put my father in a home for a while (alzheimers).

Beth said...

I hope warmer weather finds you soon. It raind so much here that my sister and I spent most of yesterday mucking out the lover level familyt room at my Dad's house. It flooded first and then the sewer backed up into the lower level too. Yuck. I would have rather had the snow.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018