Monday, February 6

What's on the line?

"Pretty in Pink" is what's on the line! And isn't it lovely? And even if you don't like pink, isn't the design simple and pretty?!! 
Take a close look at the lay-out in the photo below and you can see how easily you could make this quilt - basically the Drunkard's path pattern - in your favorite colors..........
This is another quilt my dad bought at auction and it's fairly worn but still has such beauty. I dearly love the old quilts. They are full of stories that we don't even know. I so often wonder why someone chose a particular pattern or where did the fabric come from that was used in a quilt?  Oh, yes, how fun it would be if the old quilts could talk!!   As I look at the close-up, I wonder what it would look like to pick a pretty leaf green for the pink fabrics and then some lovely floral for the white fabric areas? Hmmm.......another project I can add to my "to do" list. Boy, is it getting long or what? LOL!

Just want to say thanks for all the comments in my "Chase away the winter blues giveaway". I really enjoyed reading all of them. I find myself wishing that I could give away fabric to all of you, and I probably could gather the fabric..........I just couldn't cover the cost of mailing. LOL!

You all have a good Monday!
Sandi

12 comments:

Christine M said...

That quilt is just gorgeous!

Me and My Stitches said...

What a beautiful quilt - I love seeing all of your treasures!

Denise :) said...

Oh Sandi, this one is beyond words gorgeous! This should be on the cover of your 'someday' book!! :)

Beth said...

I think two color quilts have a simple beauty and I really like them. I am not usually a pink person, but I do think your pink and white is a beauty and an inspiration.
Happy stitching

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh yes, that's a beauty!

MGM

Pat said...

GREAT design and so simple once it is looked at closely! I always love your old quilts.....because they are, of course, new to me!

Richard Healey said...

That is a neat quilt. It looks from a far quite complicated but yes it could be done.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just lovely!

Grammasheri said...

Have to say again that i am so happy to have won the snowflake charms. Hoping Mr. Random Number Generator is feeling better. Please give him my regards...he did a great job! ;)

Snoodles said...

Oh, that is so beautiful! I love, love two color quilts, and that drunkards path is such fun. Thanks for sharing this one - I love it!

Karen said...

The Drunkard's Path quilt reminds me of the quilts my aunt used to make.

Nanette Merrill said...

I like it and I like the color.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018