Friday, March 11

Mug Rugs from the Quilting Gallery Swap!!

When I first started blogging, I had no clue what a "swap" was about. It didn't take me long to figure out what was going on and I signed up for one. I found it fun and a bit of a challenge. In the three years since I began blogging, I've made a few things and sent them here in the states and across the Atlantic and the Pacific. And in return, I have items that have come to me from the same places. It's really interesting to have things from so many corners of the world made by fellow quilters and stitchers!!
When Michele offered a new swap at Quilting Gallery for mug rugs, I had to sign up. She used my coffee mug rug for the logo for the swap, too, so I felt I just had to sign up. :-) Believe me....no one had to "twist my arm". My partner's name was Terri of The*Quilting*Pirate . When I saw that, I went straight to my flannel scraps where I knew I had just enough fabric to make this................
After reading her blog, I learned that Terri was going to a meeting of the Modern Quilters in Nashville so I tried my skills at a "Modern Art Mug Rug". I have a whole bin full of sample swatches I bought at a garage sale and that's where that pretty range of colors came from. She liked both of them!
When my swap package arrived last week, it had the most beautiful butterly and floral stamps on it and I could tell it had come from a distance. It certainly had! My swap partner, Cathy Bonnell is from La Reuion Island close to Madagascar!!! I had said I love pink and Cathy made these gorgeous pinkalicious mug rugs that are hand-quilted!! They are so lovely that even my husband was impressed! Thank you, thank you, Cathy!I enjoyed this swap and the candlemat swap that Michele hosted, so I just had to make a little thank you mug rug for her. She's a NASCAR fan and loves cats so I took my scraps and made her a reversible mug rug.
It easier to make the rug reversible than you might think. When I share my tutorial, you'll see why. I'll be posting it sometime on Saturday, probably late afternoon.
Have a great Friday everyone! Thanks for your prayers for Dorothy. :-)
Sandi

8 comments:

DebbieM said...

What size are your mug rugs? I've never made one, but I do love my coffee and treat each evening, so I'd like to make myself one to see if I can be creative and do it. Thank you. Debbie

Pat said...

Love the mug rugs you made and showed here. And I also love what you got from your swap partner! Great work by all (and good idea to make them reversible). I'm sure you can make some great ones with your GO! BABY, too!

Barbara said...

I especially love those butterflies and florals. They are all very special!

Needled Mom said...

Those are all just lovely. I just love using the ones that I got from my swap partner and I think a lot of people will be following your tutorial!!

Latane Barton said...

I fell in love with the pink mug rugs that Cathy made. I am so into dishes and those really caught my eye.

Jen said...

I love the mug rug that you made for Toni of The Quilting Pirate. I read her blog and was impressed when she posted those! Those tea mug rugs are darling!

Crispy said...

What great mug rugs!! Thanks for sharing them all with us :0)

Crispy

Astrid said...

Love all the mug rugs - they are just so cute!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018