Sunday, December 12

It will definitely be a White Christmas!

Tonight I watched the movie "White Christmas" on TV. The best part about that movie is the title song, you know.........I'm dreaming of a White Christmas, just like the ones I used to know....... Well, here in Minnesota and in much of the Midwest there is no possibility that there will not be a White Christmas after all the snow we got this weekend! Yes, it snowed all day and then the wind blew and it drifted up against the house and the doors. It's not so deep it can't be shoveled or plowed, but it was deep enough that our dog Kaiser practically got lost in the mounds of snow. LOL! So, while the snow fell, my husband worked at fixing some light strings for me and then I decorated a little tree in a corner of our dining room that celebrates all this white stuff that is covering the landscape.......
Last year, when I took down my big tree, I set aside any gold, silver or white ornament. I had this idea that this year, I would decorate the big tree in the living room in all gold, silver and white. For ten years, I've been buying gold and silver ornaments on clearance after Christmas just so I could one day do a silver and gold tree. Funny thing was, though, that when it came time to decorate my big tree this year, I couldn't do it. Somehow, I couldn't put ornaments on my tree that really didn't have any meaning other than that I bought them on clearance. I needed to put ornaments on my tree that had meaning. I still had a desire for that silver and gold tree so I decided putting one in the dining room would be the perfect thing. The ornaments on this tree do have meaning and would normally be on that big tree but just for this year, they will go here in the dining room. Maybe next year I'll do that silver and gold tree. Plenty of time to think about that as it's looking like it will be a long winter for thinking. :-)
Most things here in our area, including church, are cancelled today. It's a good afternoon to write my Christmas letter. Hope you are enjoying a warm and safe Sunday afternoon!
Sandi

7 comments:

Crispy said...

Yep, it'll be a white one here too. I don't mind the snow or the wind, but hate it when they are combined!! Did I say I'm sick of winter already? LOL

Crispy

luv2quilt2 said...

I have my traditional tree that has all the ornaments that have meaning for me. When I moved to this house we had plenty of room, so I've put up several others with just pretty decorations.

Mommarock said...

I had my heart all set to watch the football game between the Vikings and the Giants (hubby and I's teams) today.. and I just saw that the game was cancelled because there was too much snow in Minnesota today! Oh my goodness! Well, I hope you can stay warm today.. lots of quilts right??

Love Of Quilts said...

Your tree is cute as can be Merry Christmas. Trish

Doreen , Houston, MN said...

My location in SE MN. (rural Houston) has seen much white stuff, also. Christmas decorations (indoor type) are stored in an outbuilding...not accessible! Christmas letter signing and watching the Packers, with some sewing thrown in. Vikes tomorrow night?? Quite the storm!

Barb said...

What a wonderful movie...and well...you will probably get sick of the snow before long. Your tree looks wonderful!

Needled Mom said...

You guys DID get a lot of snow!!!! Amazing!!!

I like a tree with special meaning too. Although the others are gorgeous, there is something special about the older ornaments.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018