Thursday, October 1

The more you give......


A number of years ago, I used to work for a computer company. Like many offices, someone was always posting a cartoon or something on the bulletin board near the copy machine. My favorite was the following poem. I could almost recite it by heart but not quite so I had to "google it" so I could share it with you. The author was listed as unknown but after a little more "googling" I found the author's name. I was not surprised. Love the poems of Helen Steiner Rice.

The More You Give.....… by Helen Steiner Rice

The more you give, the more you get.
The more you laugh, the less you fret.
The more you do unselfishly,
the more you live abundantly.
The more of everything you share,
the more you'll always have to spare.
The more you love, the more you'll find
that life is good and friends are kind.
For only what we give away,
enriches us from day to day.
Have a great day!!!

13 comments:

Pat said...

That is a WONDERFUL poem...thanks for sharing...and have a good QUILTY day today!!!

Vintage Sandy said...

Amen to that!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

MGM

Crispy said...

Thank you for those wise words Sandi.

Crispy

Ida13 said...

Oh, Sandi! I didn't know whether cry or smile. I love it!

Owl Lady said...

What a great sentiment! I totally agree.

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow, what a great reminder that we are to be givers. Thanks so much for sharing.

quiltingnana said...

very thoughtful poem

Colleen said...

Thank you for sharing such an inspirational poem. It made my day.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

What a beautiful poem and very good words to live by!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Gayle said...

Love the poem!

Anonymous said...

Over three decades ago my grandma taught me this poem, it is very special and dear to me. Thank you for posting it as I could not completely recall how it went together either.

Anonymous said...

The author of this beautiful poem is Helen Steiner Rice.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018