Wednesday, August 26

Time out for Tea!

It's my day for my monthly tea so pop over here and see what kept me busy today. I was also doing some stitching and then I took a much needed nap. Kaiser, our beagle, is suffering from allergies and he's scratching and got watery eyes, the whole bit. The cortizone shot he got a week ago is not helping much and he only gets mild relief from eye drops and anti-itch spray. He's up all hours of the night and day, so he keeps me up, too. Good grief! Who would have thought that I'd get a cortizone shot for my back in July and I'd have to take the dog in for one in August? I think we need a nursemaid!! :-) Okay, so I'm no comedian.
Back to stitching chatter which I seem to do well at...............Night before last, I asked my husband if he had a long ruler, something longer than a yardstick. He said sure and produced the 72" charmer you see in the photo below.


I needed the ruler so I could even up the sides of this table runner and then mark it for some hand-quilting. I had no idea that ruler was in the basement but I can guarantee I'll use it again. Of course, you know the rule......."if you borrow one of my tools, put it back where you found it!"
The tablerunner is that Thimbleberries project that I worked on when I took a "front-porch break" these past summer days. I finished the basket stitching, then the leaves and yo-yo's. I just have to do the handquilting, then bind it and I'm done!
All for now. See you tomorrow!
Sandi

10 comments:

blushing rose said...

What a gorgeous piece. Hope the little fella is going to be ok ... I can sympathize, my allergies are giving me fits, too. TTFN ~Marydon

Kaye said...

What material is the runner made of? It looks beautiful, make sure we see it when its finished

luv2quilt2 said...

Love the table runner, and that ruler is great. I'm going to look for one for my toolbox.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful! And what a great ruler :-)

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful, Sandi. I hope it is a keeper rather than a gift.

I wonder what you would call a nursemaid for a human and a pet. Hmmm.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Oh Sandy can I relate to the dog with allergies!!! Who would have guessed that the dog has a bigger arsenal of medications than the humans?

Winter will soon be here and the ragweed a distant memory.

Beth
Near Chicago

Crispy said...

Cute little table runner Sandy. I'm managed to "borrow" a couple pairs of scissor that my DH had. I don't know where he got the applique scissors or the wonderful angle tip scissors but they now reside in my quiting stuff and he hasn't even missed them LOL.

Crispy

Pat said...

Love that runner! You always do such nice work. Sorry about Kaiser feeling ill and for the sleep you are losing because of it. You surely need YOUR rest with your back issues. Maybe you do need a nanny for Kaiser!!!

Gayle said...

My beagle, Carson, has allergy issues as well at times...one little beagle can make a lot of noise. :-)

Samantha said...

Poor little pup- my dog is scratching like crazy too- I feel so sorry for her.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018