Thursday, March 26

Let there be light!

Today was a much more productive day. After a good night's sleep, I definitely felt better and got several things done on my "to do" list for home. Then I ran errands in the afternoon and off to our crazy quilting meeting where we had a great time as we always do. More on that later. Have a couple more things to share related to my weekend in Iowa and Hobby Lobby.

Here's the scoop.....
My mom had these two cute little lamps that sit on each side of her bed. However they were always falling over at the slightest touch. So when we were at Hobby Lobby, I picked up two round wood bases for just $.99 each plus some paint and glue. I painted the bases with the metallic black paint (two coats) and let them dry overnight. Then.........

and I realize this picture is very dark......I glued the bases to the bottom of each lamp and poof!! no more tipsy lamps!! And the lamps even look better!!
We thought it looked so good that I just had to share our cleverness. LOL!!
Sandi



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Soy de Argentina y les mando un saludo y felicitaciones por lo que hacen porque es Hermoso!!! no se ingles pero las fotos de los trabajos estan muy lindas. Saludos mariela. WWW.almaartesanal.blogspot.com

Carol said...

What a great idea. Looks good.

Pat said...

VERY clever, Sandi...and I'm sure your mom was very happy with the results!

Crispy said...

You should be proud of your cleverness, I would have just bought new lamps LOL.

Crispy

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I would have bought new lamps too :)

xashee's corner said...

Such an easy fix!! GREAT job! :) Thank you for sharing!! Have a GREAT day!!

Latane Barton said...

Wow, what a transformation!! You talented girl, you.

Kritta22 said...

Look at you go! awesome!

Sweet P said...

Great job on stabilizing the lamps. Much cheaper than buying new ones.

Fee said...

How clever you are Sandi - A perfect solution

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018