Tuesday, January 6

The Twelfth Day of Christmas!

Today is the Twelfth Day of Christmas and that song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" is running through my head. According to my Reader's Digest Merry Christmas Songbook, this song is about the gifts given that celebrated each of the days from Christmas Day up to January 6th, the Epiphany. Life was hard then (I know sometimes it seems hard today but it was physically hard then and remember, there was no deoderant!) and the Christmas holiday was a time when there was a wee bit of celebration to forget those hard times. Wealthy landowners often gave there tenants and workers, a gift each day. And as noted in this RD Songbook, even if you didn't get twelve gifts, well, you could sing about it.

Soooooooooo, on that note.............Ha! did you think I was going to sing? Nope, not today but you never know. One of these days I may pop up on YouTube! What I am going to do is start another new little chapter on my blog. That's what I have decided to call each of the blogs that I add to this, my initial blog "A Legacy of Stitches". I love to craft, sew, create and share what I do. I gather in a lot of friends and fun that way!! I've always talked of writing a book and this is almost a book (especially if you were to read all the posts I've made since I started blogging last May). So, the new chapter is going to be a blog about Christmas. I've called it "Christmas is Love - Keeping Christmas All Year Long". And that's just what I am going to do.

The spirit of Christmas is all about Peace and Love. We need a lot more of that in our world today! So, about once a month (maybe more) I am going to post an ornament and some thoughts that will "keep Christmas all year long". You'll find that chapter here ..........I'll be posting the photos and instructions for the first ornament about 4:00 CST today, January 6th. I hope you enjoy it and that you will keep the spirit of "Christmas in your heart" all year long!!

Sandi

2 comments:

Kritta22 said...

What a great song to have stuck in your head!

Did you know that the 12 days of Christmas song actually has a different Christian meaning? Like the twelve drummers drumming is suppose to be the 12 apostles. It was written at the time when they couldn't sing about stuff like that so they had to get creative. I'll try and find the site I saw this on, if you are interested.

Kritta22 said...

http://www.cresourcei.org/cy12days.html


There I found it pretty quick so you get it anyway!! LOL

Have a great day!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018