Thursday, October 30

My Christmas Cottages are ready for the holidays!

This is no fancy photo but it is proof that all my blocks are done - and if you look carefully you can see that there are two of each. I pinned the blocks to the curtains in my sewing room and I actually kind of like the look of plaid bordering the blocks. This was really fun project. I have oodles of Christmas fabrics thanks to 40 years of collecting fabrics. Yep, I have scraps from my first projects made in 1968, the year we got married (none of them are in these blocks but some day they'll end up in some quilt). I noticed that not everyone was using white for their sky pieces so I checked with Nanette because I had all these snowflake type fabrics that I knew would look great. I like the "night sky" ones and hope whoever gets them does, too. :-) I chose the "gray brick" for the cottages because our real house is gray.

I think the one with Snoopy is my favorite and Santa on the roof. I have lots of Snoopy scraps if anyone wants a Snoopy for a block.

These will go in the mail to Nanette tomorrow. Now it's time for supper and then a little clean-up in my sewing room. Imagine that!?! :-)
Sandi

6 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Would I be super selfish if I picked the santa waving from the roof! They are all so darling. I'm so glad they are done. I'm excited to get them. They are perfect!!! The fabrics are so cute.

Nanette Merrill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherri said...

Oh, they are so cute...I wish they were shipping over to Purple and Paisley's group!!! Then I might have a chance at the Santa!

Mel said...

Yeah!! I get to swap with you! I can't wait to see all the new cottages!!

Chris Daly said...

I love the Santa block, so cute!

Samantha said...

Wow, 40 years of fabric sampled there- what a keepsake...

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018