Sunday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!




Roses are red, violets are blue, Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! 

I love flowers but my husband is not a guy that buys flowers so when we were at the grocery store a week ago, I picked up this pretty bouquet that was on special. I'm amazed that the flowers have stayed so fresh, especially all six roses. Only one of the roses is beginning to droop! I'm thinking the bouquet may last at least another week or more!
 

My husband buys me chocolates. The funny thing is that he thinks flowers are a waste because they die, but chocolates disappear because we eat them so isn't that kind of the same concept?  LOL!  Russell Stover chocolates are my favorite so I'm not complaining. I did notice that the box said "new and improved" and I wondered how can you improve on chocolate...... but...... they did! And now the question is..... which will last longer? ...... the bouquet of flowers or the box of chocolates?  I am thinking the flowers will be around longer than the chocolates. LOL! 

Have a good day and if you are like we are and it's colder than cold outside, stay inside and stay warm. I'll be snuggled up in my sewing chair today watching old movies and doing some hand-stitching. Hoping for a warm-up in temps by the end of the week. I think we hit close to -20° this morning and that doesn't include the wind chill. The sun is shining though, so at least it's not a gloomy day! 

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I still have the flowers from my birthday (3rd). They are still pretty. Hubby doesn't buy flowers either.

Needled Mom said...

lol. I guess chocolates are more satisfying to the body??? It has sounded brutally cold for most of the country. Stay safe, and warm.

Joyce said...

Hello

I was referred to you by Toody's in Henderson, MN. I am looking for a quilter who does long arm quilting. If this would be you or if you can refer me to someone I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Joyce

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018