Wednesday, June 6

What's keeping me from blogging?

I thought that was an appropriate title for this post. I seem to be a very sporadic blogger lately and it's just because there is a lot of stuff going on in my life. Lots of family things, summer stuff, you name it!  And I am cleaning and sorting through files, papers, and magazines from the past dozen years.........and that takes time!!! I've even hired a friend to help me with some of this sorting and organizing because I am serious about getting organized! Plus, I am serious about finishing some quilty projects, working on some new penny rug designs. So much to do!  I have a number of photos to share but they will have to wait til this weekend or early next week. I can't have a post without a photo, though, so I picked this one.........


This is at Dolliver State Park near Lehigh, Iowa. It was my favorite place to go for a picnic when I was a kid. We had many a Bible School picnic here and family reunions. It is still a lovely place to picnic, camp, hike, bike, and just enjoy a summer day. My mom and I took a drive when I was home at Memorial Day and the sun shining on the cliffs was too pretty to pass up. If you've been there, you know that the water is just below the cliffs and what you can't see.........there were kids swimming and playing there! Dolliver is one of the prettiest state parks I've ever seen. If you are near Lehigh (or Fort Dodge, Iowa) check it out. The drive through the park is just gorgeous!
All for now.
I'll be back to regular blogging real soon!
Sandi

7 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

You sound like me right now. But I am purging and organizing in order to hopefully move 2500 miles west in a few months. You can't go through 18 years worth of crap all at once, so I have been purging for months now. It is a great feeling everytime that trash can fills up. It is a big can too. I try to fill it up at least twice a week. Good luck. I now understand the saying :less is more:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I totally understand busy! Have fun organizing....=)

Joanne Lendaro said...

Blogging is a HUGE chore!! And keeping up with all of the fellow bloggers is even HUGER!!LOL!! I check on you when you post, but don't comment as often as I should....but I'm with you all the way!!

Needled Mom said...

Don't ever apologize, Sandi. We love seeing a post whenever you get a chance.

Pat said...

I agree with Needled Mom. I also have not been good about blogging for awhile now....nor have I been good about sewing. For some reason, I am on a reading kick and seem to read about 5 books a week.....so anytime I am not eating, sleeping, or doing household things, I am reading!!! The park in your picture looks like a spectacular place....thanks for sharing the picture.

Beth said...

Nice park. Looks like a great place for a family picnic.
Good luck with the purging. I have been doing that sort of on and off this year. Some days it seems a bit overwhelming.

eSattar said...

hi everyone
check out the fabrics at www.fabric-distributor.com,
they have the cutest, cheapest and best quality fabrics
come check them out!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018