Tuesday, May 17

There's a Shop Hop going on in our neighborhood..........

and if you go to each shop that is participating in the "hop", you'll get a free pattern for a tablerunner. And guess what? This is the tablerunner I made and it's the free pattern that you will get if you stop into FireflyQuiltShop. 


And, if you click on the link above for Firefly, you will find the list of shops that are participating. It's called the "Sew Close to Home Shop Hop" and it's on now through this Saturday.
My tablerunner design was born this past winter when I was sketching designs just for the fun of it. I enjoyed using 5" charms for that candlemat I made last fall and started playing with some in batiks. And this is what I ended up with! If you are interested in a kit for this project, just contact Janice at FireflyQuiltShop (the pattern is not posted on the website, you'll need to e-mail or call the shop if interested in the pattern/kit). The pattern is free if you stop in the shop. It will be available for sale at the end of May and will include another flower design and an autumn leaf for applique. I have finished the applique on the runners and am ready to do the quilting.
I have really enjoyed working with these batik fabrics. Actually, I enjoyed it so much that I have a full-size quilt design in my head that I really want to make. I'm just trying to figure out where I will find the time to do it. :-)
Later this week, I'm planning to visit the other shops that are "hopping".  I got my card marked at Firefly last Friday and then went over to River City Quilts, too. The last shop hop that I did was in 2000 when I did the Twin Cities Shop Hop. It's time to do another one, even though the cost of the gas puts a serious dent in the dollars I might spend on fabric. :-)
Of course, I'll share photos if I find pretties that you all might like to see.
Have a sweet day!
Sandi

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those batiks are just fabulous and I love the design. Nice job.

I always enjoy the hops and seeing what great projects are going on at the different shops. Have a fun time!

Jocelyn said...

Wow what a beautiful tablerunner. I've quit going to the Shop Hops in our area. They have been very disappointing. And with the cost of gas, it is just not worth it. I've seen some online that are fabulous shop hops. Wish they were get the picture down here in the south :-(

Debbie said...

I love your tablerunner and I hopped over to Firefly, and saw where it says about the hop, but can't figure out where to go from there. I don't see your pattern there anywhere either.

DebbieM said...

I love your table runner and I hopped over to Firefly, and saw where it says about the hop, but can't figure out where to go from there. I don't see your pattern there anywhere either. I'm still learning this blogging thing. The previous comment was also sent by me, but I used the wrong blog. Oh!!!

Pat said...

I love that runner...all the colors look so very pretty together and your tulips are so beautiful. As usual, WONDERFUL job on a pattern, Sandi.

Anonymous said...

Love your tablerunner!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Beth said...

I knew it was going to be pretty when you you gave us a peek. It is so much more than just pretty. The color combinations are fantastic. Love the tulips.
I really like that there will be other applique choices so youcould make this in different colors to take you thru the year.
Wish that I was close enough to hop.

Vivian said...

Sweet table runner, Sandi. Love those rich batik fabrics.
Shop hops used to be such fun, but I've stayed home for so many years, ever since the gas prices started escalating.

AKnativewoman said...

Yes, it's a great-looking tablerunner! I'm in the same boat as the other lady - can't seem to get past the list of shops - no pattern showing - am I losing it?

Diane said...

Beautiful Sandi!! Thank you for sharing! I look forward to stopping in at Firefly to see this and to visit the gals. I have had very good luck with shop hops in the area, and LOVE to get my fabric therapy!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018