Wednesday, December 22

Making plans for 2011!

Yes, I know that it's still 2010 but I am thinking ahead and planning projects for January. Thoughts of those projects rumble around in my head as I work on some Christmas gifts and do my baking. Sometimes something pops into my head, so I make notes, draw sketches, make plans. One of the projects I'm planning will involve this woolfelt from NationalNonwovens ...............
These are sample colors I received back in early November but I just haven't had time to work with them. I did get them all washed and ready to use. Coming up in January, I'll be doing a program for the Deep Valley Quilt Guild on working with wool and/or woolfelt. I'll be pulling my "program" together beginning the first of the year. And is it just me or do any of you wonder how it can be 2011 when it seems only a year or so ago we were all anticipating the year 2000!!
Also coming up right after the first of the year will be a tutorial in blue and white that will help you use up a bit of your stash, plus a few other fun "snow-themed" projects. More on that in a week or so. Speaking of stash, I've been using some of it on some quilty Christmas gifts and would love to show you what I made.........but they are gifts for a couple family members who read my blog. ;-) Right after Christmas, I'll be able to show you what I managed to finish. And what about the things I cut out and didn't finish? Well, they will just be a head start for next year's gift list. :-)
Today, I am meeting my daughter and grandson, Jacob, for an impromptu "day-out". We decided to do this just for the fun of it. We're going to meet in St. Peter (MN) for lunch and then stroll through some of the shops and just see what we might find. I'll report back tomorrow. I'm especially looking forward to a visit to a shop called Swedish Kontour. Haven't been there in years! Since most things are ready for Christmas, this day will be fun and relaxing. I have to admit that I can still hardly believe that all my cards are mailed and went out last Friday! And I don't think I forgot anyone this year!
See ya all tomorrow!
Sandi

8 comments:

Micki said...

I am making gifts too,and that is always fun. Have a Merry Christmas!
Micki

Cath said...

Enjoy your day out , and a very Merry Christmas to you and all of your family.
Thank you for the fun posts you do . XXX

Pat said...

Enjoy your well-deserved day out today. I'm sure you will have an interesting report WITH photos for us in your next post...right? :)

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like it will be a perfectly FUN day. Don't you love it when you haven;t forgotten to send out any cards?

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Mommarock said...

I'm getting all excited about next year! I would love to make things for all of my family members for Christmas gifts next year.. now I wonder 1. IF I can hide what I am making from those who live here.. and 2. IF I can remember to keep it from them til Christmas (not me). 3. Can I finish that many NICE things without a sewing machine?

Oh Sew Addicted said...

Wow! Sandi! You are always sew busy! I cannot wait to see what you have planned for the new year! Many happy holiday wishes to you and yours!
carla louise

Beth said...

Hope your day out is lots of fun. I have been doing some planning for 2011 too. Always fun to think about what comes next.

Crispy said...

I love your attitude on the unfinished projects....next Christmas will be upon us in no time as it is every year.

I hope you had lots of fun on your outing :0)

Crispy

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018