Tuesday, March 31

Spring Tulips are growing in my sewing room!

I must have a gazillion projects in progress but the comforting part is that I am never bored. This is a good thing because in this land of “winter that won’t end”, I always have something to do!! LOL!! Like today when I started a new project from a pattern I did a few years ago - the tulip penny rug in the picture. I wanted to test my directions so I was working through the project for my Wooly Buddies group.............and so............. I gathered up my supplies………

and after some serious indecision on what wool color to use for the scalloped background ...................... I finally ended up with the piece you see in the picture and it's all ready to stitch. :-) I am liking the colors I chose and will be using some new threads from TheGentleArt to do the embroidery on the penny rugs. I learned of their threads from Jacquelynne at theNobleWife and had to check them out. Their colors are gorgeous and I look forward to getting more colors for a lot more penny rugs that are on the drawing board.
Tulips will also show up in the Seasons of the Heart block for April and the Snowman block, too. As noted last night, I hope to have those available for you by the end of the week. I am a bit behind which is often the case for me because I get involved in so many things. But it's also because sometimes life things go on that don't need to be blogged about but are part of life. So sometimes the road is not always smooth but it makes the journey interesting. I am just glad to be blogging, to be able to stitch both projects and stitch together new friendships. My kids are doing well and so is my mom and I get to see my grandson more since we moved here. I am blessed. Thanks to all of you who seem to enjoy reading my blog.

It's that time......light's out!

See you tomorrow.
Sandi

7 comments:

Crispy said...

Hi Sandi, I LOVE your tulip!! The more I see of these Woolies, the more I want to do one....

Crispy

tami said...

The tulip pennyh rug is gorgeous. I love working with wool. I'm with you we all need to put some spring into our projects because I am beginning to wonder if we are actually going to get a spring this year.

Pat said...

The tulip penny rug you just did is another gorgeous one! I suspect we are going to skip spring and go right into hot, summer temps here.

pdudgeon said...

Sandi, that is such a pretty project. Can't wait to see what you've come up with for our next snowman block. Snowmen and tulips sounds like a good combination to me!

Susannah said...

Yes, life does throw us some curves sometimes. I always say to myself- Am I okay? Is my family healthy and intact? Do I still have my faith? Do I have a roof over my head? If the answer to all of this is Yes..then I thank God!
Sandi, your tulip penny rug is very cheery. Keep doing your good work.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I truly do enjoy your blog and your amazing creativity. I, also, have many ideas and several projects at the same time. It's as if we want to get everything done and no one thing is most important when we consider the life part that gets in the way----or is it the other way around? LOL
All I'm sure of is---It's a good life!!!!

Latane Barton said...

I love the tulips. Sure says spring is in the air.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018