Saturday, March 7

It's a Happening!!

That's right! It's a happening all right, and a cool one, at that! Tomorrow - which I guess it already is because it's after midnight as I write this - is the opening day for the Crazy Quilt Exhibit at the Scott County Historical Society. You are probably getting tired of hearing me talk about it. If you're not, though, and you want to read more about it then go here and you can read what I posted a few minutes ago. It's a little background, a "setting of the stage" for the photos and stories I will share of our wonderful little crazy quilt group. I am looking forward to greeting visitors at the historical society and watching them as they view the quilts and other crazy quilted items. It is always a joy to see others enjoy the handwork that we do.

I have been on the computer a lot today (I did manage to get the laundry done) and chatting back and forth on my Wooly Buddies group. We are having a good time celebrating our One Year Anniversary. One of the things that I shared with them is the pattern for my Turkish Rose Pincushion and I decided to let you in on the celebration, too. If you go over to MommasPincushions, you will find the pattern and how to download it.


On Sunday, as promised, I'll be posting the BOM blocks for March. Then I'll take a day's break and post the Redwork Christmas ornament on Tuesday. For a sneak peek of the ornament that I'll be making, please go here. Then before you know it Wednesday will be here and it will be Tea Time. I have an Irish theme planned for a late afternoon tea.

I think that's all for tonight. Time to turn in. Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite.
Sandi

6 comments:

Pat said...

Whew...I'm tired reading of your schedule!!! :) Good luck today with the show opening!!!

Sara said...

That is a really cute pincushion, I really like it. Hope the quilt show goes well!!!

Rachel said...

What a pretty pincushion! I wonder if it can be done in cottons...?
Can't wait for the new block! I'm loving the BOM and look forward to it every month. ☺

The Teacup Cottage said...

How fun! Hope the show goes well!

Needled Mom said...

Busy, busy, busy!!! You must be exhausted after all of that. I can't wait to hear all about how the show went.

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm sure you are up to your eyeballs!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018