Tuesday, March 10

Emma's Hope


I have a special request today. During my blogging journey I have met many wonderful bloggers and enjoyed many fun swaps. During that time I have also come to know my postlady, Connie, very well! Some of you may remember that a few weeks ago, I told you about Connie's seven year old granddaughter, Emma, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Plans are in the making for a fundraiser to help with medical costs and Connie has asked if I could collect blocks from my blogging friends that would make a really unique quilt. The finished quilt will be sold then at auction. So, if you are reading this and you would like to contribute a block, please e-mail me. The blocks need to be in the colors of red, blue, white, maybe some green and a little purple. No orange or pink. You may make 6 1/2" blocks of any design or you may make the block 12 1/2" in size (4 patch, 9 patch, anything) . I see a plan in my head, so I know it will work out when the blocks come together. For my friends who know me and wish to send a block, thanks in advance. You all have my address. For those who need my address, please go to my profile and click on my e-mail address to send a message. I need to receive the blocks by April 10th, 2009. Many thanks for any help you can offer.
Sandi
Note: The Emma's Hope pic shown above is a jpeg file and if you wish to copy and post it to your sidebar that would be great, then link back to this post. My e-mail address is stitchinglegacy @ gmail (dot) com.
And I forgot to mention that when the blocks come in and then they become a quilt top, there is a group of ladies just waiting to begin hand-quilting it!! Thanks to all of you that have said you will send blocks. It's very much appreciated!!!

11 comments:

Pat said...

I'll do one and try to see if another gal or two will do a block, also. I wish nothing but the best for Emma and will keep her in my prayers.

Kaye said...

I will definately make a block or two. Tell the Post Lady we are praying for Emma and her Family

Christina said...

I would like to post this on my blog with a link to you but can't get the picture to post. could you help me please. I will send some also. please get me your address.

JuliaB said...

Hi Sandi .. How do you make a block? I would love to send one over to you. xx

Kathy said...

I will be glad to make a block for Emma. I am a cancer survivor myself.

Crispy said...

Hi Sandi, I would be honored to make a block for Emma. I have tomorrow off so can get one together and sent off to you by the end of the week. Email is on it's way.

Crispy

Debi said...

Sandy, I have posted this on my blog and I will make several 12.5" blocks.

Pat said...

I posted this on my blog, too....and also asked my neighborhood gals to make some blocks. I have done several in the 6 1/2 inch size and will make more before I mail these to you. Emma is in my prayers each day.

xashee's corner said...

how WONDERFUL! the only way i could join in is to make a square all by hand and i don't think my stitching would be nice enough! i am sure you will have an AWESOME response though! Thank you for being such AWESOME inspiration! :) Have a FANTASTIC day!

Heather said...

I finished a few blocks yesterday and am putting them in the mail to you today. Hope they'll fit into the "master plan!" lol There's a picture posted at my blog. Thanks for letting us all help. My thoughts and prayers are with little Emma and her family.

julieQ said...

I would like to contribute to this worthy cause, too. Just need your snail mail address.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018