Tuesday, January 27

Gathering Tunes!!!

I was having a blue Monday (it's the weather and it's the same - cold - so I won't bother talking about it) and thought, I have got to do something about this. I need tunes!!! A couple of my favorite blogs - CootieBug and PugYoga have tunes from Playlist so I decided if they could figure out how to do this, so could I!! And just like doing a blog, the whole process is easy as pie - well, almost - and now I have successfully added a ton of my favorite tunes. I started with thoughts of Buddy Holly and then my high school favorite, Bobby Vinton. Then I thought of music that I plunked out on the piano at my Grandma Goldie's, songs I've sung at programs and at church, favorites from the good times and some from the sad times. And one song reminded me of another and is this what it's like to have an IPod? Obviously, you can tell I don't have one!!!
What if you don't like my tunes? If you don't want to listen to them, you can go to the bottom of my blog and turn them off (or turn your volume down). KnitWit has already told me that she likes my selection, so hopefully the rest of you don't mind the tunes too much. I would be curious to know though........do you preferr that people not add tunes? or does it matter. I can delete the playlist from my blog if it's not welcome. Your opinion counts!!! Please let me know.
Sandi

16 comments:

Kritta22 said...

From my blog, you have to scroll over you player/tunes to have it start playing so I don't mind it at all. If it was on top or close to the top, I would mind.

I usually have my own music playing when blogging or I'm next to my hubby in bed while he sleeps sooo I don't like them then.

I do like your selection though.

My suggestion is to keep it at the bottom or close to, so that the people that love it can scroll down and get it, others can read your blog and still love it!

Julie said...

oh sandi, don't you dare delete your tunes! if people don't like them they can turn their volume down or off....simple!
i really love your selection too....most of the music i was brought up listening to as a kid. especially johny cash, hank williams and patsy cline.
i find your blog very inspirational sandi, so don't change a thing!
julie

Janice said...

I'm sitting here doing some hand sewing with your blog playing in the background and loving it. I like that you have a large selection of tunes so they won't repeat too often.

Pat said...

Hey...it's YOUR blog and YOU can choose what's on it. If folks don't like it, they can keep the volume low OR "suffer" through a song or two (which is all it would take to read the newest blog posting). I usually never have my volume up on my computer just because I get up early and get right online and don't want to wake up DH. I had to turn it up just now so I could hear your music...it's very nice. I'd actually do this on MY blog but I have no clue HOW to do it!!! :(

Louann said...

I love your playlist. Can't beat Johnny Cash. Joaquin Phoenix has a great voice too. I thought he was wonderful in the movie. I hope the winter blahs pass quickly. I always dream of moving to a tropical island this time of year!

Louann said...

Yeah I just looked at your playlist more, great music, leave it on and people can turn it off if the choose too.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Hey Sandi, nice addition to your already interesting and fun blog! Any playlist that includes Ave Maria by Perry Como is a-ok with me!

MGM

xashee's corner said...

FUN selections! GREAT job on adding them! :D Hope you have a FANTASTIC day!

Needled Mom said...

I DO like your choices. I enjoy the blogs with the music even though it will statle me at times when it comes up. Give me the songs from Buddy Holly's era and I am a happy camper.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the tunes on the blogs that have them. I've gone back to Finetune so for now removed Playlist from my blog. I have it set so that it doesn't come on unless it's clicked. I love having a long list of oldies to listen to and I've had lots of good feedback.
It's your blog so you should do whatever is pleasing to you...keep your tunes!

zizzybob said...

In general I like music on blogs. But, most of the time I am reading them at work and the sudden appearane of music can be embarassing.

Jeanette said...

Hi Sandi,
i scrolled over your tunes. Just love your choice. Please don't delete them. Hugs, Jeanette

Karen said...

Oh, I think it is just fine to have your tunes on your blog. It is nice to hear other people's favorites, and to remember some of the songs we don't hear very much anymore!

quiltingnana said...

Bobby Vinton...oh how I loved to listen to him!!! Blue Velvet, Blue on Blue,.....

Samantha said...

I like a variety of music, so I always like finding out what other people are listening to. I love the first song on your playlist, I was just listening to a Judy Garland CD yesterday.... wasn't she wonderful and incomparable?

Anonymous said...

Hi, me again...I changed back to Playlist because I've noticed that Finetunes doesn't always play nicely and songs skip or stop suddenly. I think I'll stick with Playlist for now.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018