Monday, September 15

Great day for ducks........

As you've already seen, Heritage Days went on in spite of the damp weather which really was suited more to the local ducks and such. With that in mind, I thought I'd post just a couple more pictures from Sunday. There was beautiful music coming from the front steps of the Poehler building as I made my way down to get some lunch midday on Sunday. My friend, Doris, gave me a little break so I could grab a bite to eat. It was, unfortunately still raining a bit but people were walking about although more were seeking shelter on the inside than outside under umbrella's.


In a previous post I said that I would tell you more about the business that is located in the old Poehler building. It is owned by the Hagen family, Budd and Delores and is home to their business Closing the Gap where they work to help those with special needs. If you click here, you will find an article that will tell you what "Closing the Gap" is all about. Delores has another passion that you can learn about at their building and that is Henderson Feathers (go to http://henderson-mn.com/ ) that tracks birding habits, migration, etc. here in the Minnesota River Valley.

On a sunny Sunday in summer and fall, the streets of Henderson would be lined with cars and, especially motorcycles. Guess what is shining outside my window now that the weekend is over?


My last picture of Heritage Days is of our church booth. That's the members of the "Young at Hearts" group. They work really hard and do some really successful fund-raising projects for St. Pauls UCC.
And now I have to add a note.......I posted these pics earlier today, added the text and saved, then viewed my blog. But, blogger is doing some funny things these past 15 minutes and all but the first picture in this post disappeared. I am hoping this second post "takes" as I think I've had enough time at the computer for one day!!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the quilts and the fun of the Heritage weekend. Doesn't look like a little dampness kept anyone from having a good time!

Samantha said...

That is so frustrating, when you spend precious time doing something, then it disappears- glad you got it all done!

Gayle said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed your Heritage weekend posts. :-)Thank you for sharing the rain photos too. We could use a rain storm here.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018