Monday, September 24

What's on the line?

My "Baby Baskets" quilt from Pat*Sloan's pattern is finished and is on the line!

I couldn't quite get it finished yesterday afternoon so that I could post it last night but first thing this morning, I finished stitching the binding and it was done. Then it was outside to take a photo "on the line". And that was when it got interesting. It's a windy day up here on Maple Ridge...............
I hung the quilt on the line, then patiently waited for the wind to calm......
Not getting very calm.............

              
But then.........a lull in the breeze, um, make that a strong breeze...........and the quilt began to flutter down..........and I got the shot that is shown above. And good thing I did because I tried to take a few more shots after that and the wind was even worse!

Now I just have to hang this in the hallway and I can check a UFO off my list!! On to the next project.............



And that would be this one...........

Some of you may recognize Nanette's Christmas cottage block pattern in this quilt top. I still haven't finished my Christmas cottages but I thought they were so cute, why not make them in Halloween prints? So I did! This one is going to my daughter so she can hang it in the entry of her day care facility. I think the kiddies will love seeing these little Halloween houses. Not too scary, just really fun!

Speaking of fun, we had a lot of fun at our weekend cook-out to celebrate my husband's upcoming retirement. Pics of that event will follow tomorrow. It's gonna be a busy week. Must run. Laundry to do and going to meet a new quilty friend this afternoon. Have a good Monday!
Sandi
 


7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Aw heck...I think it looks great blowing in the breeze.

Beth said...

I love it!! It is on my wanna do it list as I follow Pat and frequent the Forum. Basket quilts really call to me in a special way. The other thing I can't seem to pass up is house blocks. Cottages, houses, any color, any size. I am just crazy about the Halloween houses. Can you tell me where to get the pattern?
Back when I was building doll houses I had a 'haunted house' and a 'Santa' House. So much fun!
You make Mondays better. :)

Joanne Lendaro said...

I like the basket quilt, but I LOVE the house quilt! Don't know why, but I just can't get enough of those little houses!!

Jocelyn said...

Very cute quilts!

Melanie said...

Darling basket quilt. Love those fabrics....

lovetostitch said...

I love seeing a quilt on the line!! I loved when I got the peek on FB and love it even more now. It turned out so sweet!! Thanks for sharing it, Sandy!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is really retiring! =) Love the plaid baskets. And the Halloween houses are perfect for the day care. Great idea to switch them out from Christmas.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018