Thursday, May 29

Awaiting our guests..........

The house is clean and shiny and there's a big batch of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on the counter. Later this afternoon, I'll make some sandwiches and snacks for the late evening arrival of our guests, good friends Thomas and Ilse and their grandson. All my quilting and stitchery projects are on the "back burner" for a couple of days. I did put the finishing touches on drapes for the guest bedroom and decided I will share a photo. It's not quilting but I had fun creating the window treatment that will look really nice with whatever old quilt I put on the bed. More on my quilts later. One of my favorite things is happening right now - light rain. It's watering the garden and our grass (which is only a year old and still trying to grow). I love the sound of rain on the roof. Someday that line will wind up in a poem but no time now to be inspired. Have a good day!
Sandi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland. I'm new to this blog thing myself. I'm in west central MN, so I guess we sorta neighbors.

Karen L

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018