Sunday, June 18

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all dads near and far, those who are step-dads or who stepped up when needed, even mom's who had to be dads. It's all family and that's all good! This is a photo I've shared many times..........my dad, Melvin, covered with a quilt that he bought at an auction in Dayton, Iowa in about 1999. He and my mom gave it to me for Christmas then. The quilt is almost identical to one that his mother, my Grandma Goldie made sometime in the 1950's. It's a cool bit of coincidence! I remain ever thankful for my dad. He was a sweet guy with a great smile and always a cheery hello for everyone. He and my mom are together now. Gone but never, ever forgotten.
Today is also my husband Steve's birthday. We had a good day and we were going to enjoy eating out on the deck. He had grilled up a steak and I had set out potato salad and other fixings. And just as he put the steaks on our plates..........raindrops began to fall as sun broke out! Too funny. So we put everything on the tray and headed inside to the kitchen table. There'll be another day for outdoor dining!
Tomorrow is Monday. Looking forward to a good week! Hope it is a good one for all of you!
Sandi

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like it was a good day. I love that photo of your dad.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018