Sunday, January 4

The wind has stopped blowing........and next it will start snowing!

And that means that this is a perfect little penny rug to share in this typical Minnesota weather! I stitched this one back in 2002 from a pattern called "Let it Snow!" designed by Tara Lynn Darr of Sew Unique Creations.  


I made it as a class sample during a time that I was teaching penny rug classes at Eagle Creek Quilt Shop in nearby Shakopee. This was a favorite pattern of students and was usually made in red woolfelt with touches of white and blue. I chose these pretty blue wools at Eagle Creek, then reduced the pattern by 50% as I wanted a slightly smaller version than the pattern made. 
Yes, this is a perfect penny rug as last night the wind blew like crazy and then today it was colder than cold and on Monday we are to get 4-6 inches of snow! I'm thinking some kiddos in the neighborhood might be hoping for a snowday on Tuesday so they can go sliding or build a snowman. It could happen! 
I'm okay with snow, because we have no place to go! And it never snows in my sewing room. ;-)
Time to do a little wooly stitching........
Sandi

9 comments:

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonito!!!!!

Kate said...

Let it Snow is a lovely piece.

Karen said...

I like the snowman. What catches my eye besides the snowman is the blue plaids on the pennies. Nice wool piece for January.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Sweet snowman!! We have 8 inches of snow coming our way later on today. I am thinking I won't be going to work tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

This weather is definitely quilting weather!!!! We (here in the Houston,MN area) are possible looking at 3"5"...maybe. The forecast keeps changing (sinking further south....Iowa looks to get the brunt of this one!!! Ugh!). Love the snowman!! Felt/wools are my 'go-to' for a quick project and are always well received. I haven't been to Eagle Creek for a couple of years. Love that shop. Friend (Kathy Morton) used to teach there, too (she's into rug hooking....BIG TIME!..her link.... http://oakridgecottagerugs.com/ )

Beth said...

Cute little snowman. I made that one too several years ago. I need to go find him for the winter months. Thanks for the reminder.

Judy1522 said...

Your penny rug is so cute!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your snowman is so cute Sandi! Stay warm.

QuilterinMotion said...

Hi Sandi. I've been away from your blog for a bit. Computer quit and lost a lot of great blog addresses. I'm thrilled to see you're doing wool applique. Me too! I find it so relaxing. Love "Let it Snow" even though I'm in Florida and it's not going to snow here. LOL
quilterinmotion@gmail.com

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018