Wednesday, December 24

Christmas Eve.......

It's Christmas Eve and it's a time for memories of Christmas past..........this Santa is reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to a group of furry friends. He is one of many Santa's that my mother collected. We bought her this one sometime in the 1990's. I only recently remembered that there is a cassette tape in the back of the clock and so Santa really does read!

This creche scene is also from my mother. This past weekend I took a small creche scene to her for her room at the Care Center. This one, though, is quite large. I don't have room to display it at home. The camels are about 10" tall. Many years ago my mother owned a ceramic shop......Hillside Ceramics and these are pieces that she did in her shop. This photo is from last year when I displayed the creche scene at church. 

Tonight, I went to the service at church and it seemed so strange to go out on Christmas Eve and there is no snow. Inside the church, though, the Christmas lights and the message didn't need snow. The closing carol Silent Night was as sweet as ever on Christmas Eve.
If you are celebrating Christmas.......may it be peaceful and happy, joyful and full of love!
Sandi

4 comments:

Kate said...

Merry Christmas, Sandi!

Marie said...

Merry Christmas Sandi!

Christine M said...

Merry Christmas, Sandi.

Judy1522 said...

I love the Santa reading the night before Christmas.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018