Monday, April 11

What's on the line?

I thought that after I returned from my "spring break" I might have something new on the line. Not so. I got a little excited before I "went away" and thought the weather might be nice enough to hang some things on the line. Again, not so. Storms over the weekend and wind made it impossible to hang anything on the line. And there was no sun for most of the weekend.  So.........there are a few photos left in the ones I took last fall and here's one of a little quilt just perfect for this time of the year...................

It's not new, although, I've never hung it on the line before. I made it several years ago and used Woolfelt for the eggs, the tree branch, the pot and the bunny. Seeing how wrinkled the cotton is makes me think I need to do some stippling or quilting of some sort and the little quilt would look a lot better. First, though, I need a class on machine quilting with my home sewing machine. It's something I plan to do in the near future. I have so many projects that are finished tops and waiting for the machine quilting and that long-arm quilting machine I'd love to have is not in the budget. I've adjusted my tastes and am going to make smaller projects that I can do on my machine. Good plan, huh?  So, do any of you have a good book to recommend on machine quilting? And also, if you are from Minnesota, is there a good machine quilting instructor in the Twin Cities area?
Now about that "spring break" I took.......it was too short just like a real vacation is but I did get quite a bit done. Can't show you most of it as it's for the DayTreat event coming up this Friday. I also played with my GO!Baby and I'll have more on that next week. I also won a couple things in blog giveaways and will share about them in a post later this week.
I'll be doing a little Easter Bunny duty today. More on that in my next post. Have a good Monday!
Sandi

13 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Well that worked out just right for your line showing at Easter. Trish

annemarie said...

I am glad you enjoyed your break and it is good to see you back!! Love the Easter quilt.

Pat said...

I have Foolproof Machine Quilting (by Mary Mashuta). It shows how to use your home machine with a walking foot, so no free-motion is needed, and she has some really great ideas in there. I know it's still sold on Amazon if you can't find it elsewhere. I know Pat Sloan also has a book called Learn to Machine Quilt. It is about free-motion quilting. I'm not sure how good that one is and haven't tried it as I'm not good with free motion. LOVE that Easter quilt and am glad your break has been going well. Welcome back!!!

Crispy said...

Welcome Back Sandi!! That is such a cute Easter quilt :0) Sorry, I'm no help with the machine thing LOL.

Crispy

antique quilter said...

this is just so adorable!!!!
thanks for sharing, welcome back from your break
have missed your posts!
Kathie

Beth said...

Missed you! Hope you had a good break.
Cute eggs on your quilt on the line.
Check out Leah Day online she has free motion DVDs but she also has a blog and each design that she does has a video showing you her hand position and how she does the design. She does all of it on a domestic machine.

Needled Mom said...

That is a darling quilt and is so perfect for the Easter season.

I hope that you didn't have any of those bad storms over the weekend. They sounded pretty bad in Iowa.

I love to follow Leah's blog on machine quilting.
http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

I know that you will have a great time getting those tops done.

Welcome back.

Donna said...

Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. I love the Easter quilt.

Nanette Merrill said...

It is really cute and creative. Just a darling project.

magicthimblecreations said...

Welcome back! The egg tree is so cute. Email me you address and I will send you a few books. A friend gave me all of his wife's collection of quilting books. I was planning to send you some things to use as gifts and I will just pop in some books as a gift for you.

Anonymous said...

Your Easter egg tree is so cute! Can't wait to see your free motion quilting on it - that will be just the right touch to add to it!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Jenn A said...

Bear Patch Quilting in White Bear Lake, MN has machine quilting classes. I took my beginning quilting classes there. The instructors and employees are all very kind and helpful. I would absolutely recommend trying there if you want to take a class.
http://www.bearpatchquilting.com/

Melanie said...

This is darling--- love all the green in the background...

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018